About the Fire Alarm Help category

Alarms can be tricky sometimes, so if you need help please post here and I’m sure a member of the community will be there for you as soon as possible. Please be patient though, even though people may be online, does not mean they have the answers.

1 Like

Any one know how to force a map fault reset on an est alarm panel?

We had a guy come in the other day to replace the batteries because of a battery fault. Upon disconnecting them and all there was now a map fault, I read somewhere that this might be due to a bad connection from the wiring, I checked all the wiring and connections and everything seems to be fine. I spoke to the tech and he insisted that this would resolve in a couple hours or days;however, it’s been about a week and a half and it has not. But I read that you can force a map fault reset from the computer. And advice on how I can do that? I’d really appreciate it

1 Like

I’m not fully trained on EST panels but I was told that mapping faults occur because the panel maps out the SLC loops from the device closest to the panel to the farthest down the line and stores the addressable devices serial number in incremental order. So if someone disconnected a pull or smoke and didn’t replace them in order, the map is invalid and would need to be rebuilt in the 3-SDU programmer.

I am not aware of mapping faults because of batteries or NAC’s.

1 Like