Firepanel6/ElijahC's fire alarm collection

My “fire alarm” collection has expanded since I first posted it, more than 2x the size, but still nowhere near as big as my household smoke alarm collection. I have also included the backstory behind how I got all my alarms since my collection is rather small.

And here is my household smoke alarm collection:

Devices:

• Edwards Genesis G4R-S7VM speaker strobe (broken speaker)
  • 2x Edwards Genesis G4RF-S7VM speaker strobe
  • Edwards/EST/GE SIGA-PS detector head
  • EST SIGA-278 pull station
  • Fire-Lite BG-12 pull station
  • 2x Simplex 2099-9754 pull stations

Residential Smoke Alarms:

• 3x Kidde/FIREX i4618 smoke alarms
  • 9x Kidde/FIREX i4618A smoke alarms
  • 1x Kidde KN-COSM-IB smoke/CO alarm (doesn’t work)
  • 1x Kidde/FIREX p12040 smoke alarm
  • 2x Kidde KN-COSM-IBA smoke/CO alarms (1 shown)
  • 1x Kidde/FIREX i12060A smoke alarm
  • 1x Kidde KN-COPE-IC smoke/CO alarm (not shown, currently installed in my bedroom)

Backstory behind my alarms

I got some of these devices back in 2015-2016 when I was like 11-12 years old and I was not as responsible with my stuff as I am now so that is why they look a little beaten up. The BG-12 was my first device and it was a birthday present from a friend who bought it off Amazon. The Simplex pull stations were both NOS on eBay for $25 each and they were also birthday presents, one was from the same friend who got me the BG-12 and the other one was from my parents. As for the EST devices, I got those from my high school. Throughout my junior and senior years of high school, I worked very closely with the building service team at my school, and I would go with the manager for the building service team and help him perform repairs and other building operations related tasks. One day, he took me to this mechanical room that was also being used to store spare and broken fire alarm equipment, among other things and told me that I could take pretty much anything in there since it was all going to be thrown away. Other than the devices I took, there were a bunch of EST SIGA-PS detector heads, an EST booster power supply panel, and even an old EST2 panel, there were some other items of interest to me that were not fire alarm related such as some wood doors (one of which was cut in half), and some electromagnetic locks, and other various door hardware. I was unfortunately only able to take what I could fit in my backpack as I didn’t have any safe method of transporting any of the large items like the panels so I had to leave those to get thrown out (plus it’s EST so there is a good chance that it was there because it didn’t work, just ike the G4R-S7VM).

As for my smoke alarms, I got all the i4618 and i4618A units during my town’s official fall cleaning weekend (they also host one in the spring), they came from two different houses. I also got the KN-COSM-IBA units from one of those houses as well. The KN-COSM-IB came from the basement of my house where it had been from 2014-2021 before reaching the end of life and being replaced with a KN-COPE-IC. The p12040 came from a family member who filed a warranty claim with Kidde and they mistakenly sent him a hardwired alarm when his house consists exclusively of battery-only alarms. The i12060A was purchased from my local Home Depot in August 2021 to replace an i4618A installed in my bedroom that was causing nuisance alarms but I didn’t realize that one of the wires (I want to say it was the neutral wire) got disconnected from the wiring harness while I was installing the alarm which appears to have partially damaged the alarm, causing the interconnect functionality to stop working. The KN-COPE-IC was installed in the hallway outside my bedroom to replace a KN-COSM-IBA that was also causing random nuisance alarms but after two years of having it there, it caused more nuisance alarms from cooking than the smoke alarm closest to the kitchen (which is an i4618A) did so I installed one of the KN-COSM-IBAs that I got from the fall cleaning in the hallway and replaced the i12060A in my room with the KN-COPE-IC from the hallway.

4 Likes

Hello there @ElijahC! I liked the School fire drill 1 video. I was wondering, what system does your school do? I also like your collection, even though it is small. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not quite! Is that all you go so far?

I think that is all @ElijahC got.

Hi @Simplex_Dude! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@Simplex_Dude I agree to you and @Mattias_Peterson

I like your collection @ElijahC when it is small

Hi @minecraft :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

@Mattias_Peterson, I checked his YouTube channel and he now has a Simplex 2099-9756.

Yep, I want one because he has one in his recent video.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your collection!

Just keep in mind, y’all, that a web forum is generally a space for long form discussion. Short posts aren’t technically against any rules but as forums are a sort of holdover from the older days of the Internet, discussion tends to flow slower than more modern forms of communication like chat rooms. So long as a post is on topic and not super short it’s fine by me! :slight_smile:

Welcome and enjoy your time on TFP!

Thank you @anon32364091. Oh yeah, I get it now. Short posts are old style and long ones tend to be newer ones.