My future

I am going to get a job with an electrical contractor in Illinois. A family friend is an executive at that company, he was impressed with my knowledge. Last year I volunteered on a Habitat for Humanity project where his company volunteered to do the electrical, I didn’t do any electrical on the project but I spent alot of time working on the house with him. I will also be taking some training classes. I will need to get an apartment in the area. My girlfriend is looking for a job in the area too, we will probably share the rent expense. My girlfriend is also hinting that she wants to get married. I’m 22 now so I’m still young and maybe somewhat immature, my girlfriend tells me I’m immature because I still wear my hat to the side but shes proud of me because I haven’t touched a cigarette in almost 2 years. I want to get married but I still seem too young, I probably will in another year or two, so I guess making it a little earlier won’t make much difference. I certainly have alot to think about in the near future, but its exciting.

Good luck with your future endeavors, and stay safe.

Glad to hear that you quit smoking! :smiley:

Good luck on electrical! You are entering a great field. Concentrate on becoming licenced and the possibility’s are endless.

Yea, I would ditch the hat all together and work on a more adult look at this point. Congratulations on kicking the habit however.

On a side note, you should seriously consider sharing rent and who is on the lease etc. In the event that perhaps she can not get a job or decides to break up with you it could eventually lead to some bitter battles. If you are the one looking to move for a job you have secured you should consider being the one on the lease and writing a detailed agreement which you both sign and have copies of. Who will cover what portion of the rent, for how long, and who owns what items brought into the apartment.

I know it sounds far fetched and sounds funny doing that with someone you love but it can save you in the long run. Nothing is set in stone, except a written agreement :slight_smile:

[quote] Good luck on electrical! You are entering a great field. Concentrate on becoming licenced and the possibility's are endless. [/quote]

Thanks. I always was interested in electrical and now if the time for my first real job, so it seems like a perfect field for me. I look forward to it.

[quote] Yea, I would ditch the hat all together and work on a more adult look at this point. Congratulations on kicking the habit however. [/quote]

Yea, I have been wearing my hat to the side all throughout high school and college, its just one of those stupid things that I think is cool. I certainly will not do that now that at work. Over the past few years when volunteering for Habit I always had my hat like that (as many of the teen volunteers did) and the older people kept telling us no one would ever take us seriously looking like that. I agree now is the time to dress more professional, at least at work. And starting smoking in high school was the most stupid thing I did. I always blamed the pressure of playing sports in high school and college as the reason why it was hard to quit, but I’m 22 now and very glad to start my adult life smoke-free.

Thanks for all the suggestions.