Simplex 4100+ Amp Troubles

Hello, this is probably a longshot since I don’t know if anyone on here has experience with the old analog 4100+/4120 amplifiers, but I own a 4120 (basically a 4100+ with a network card) with audio, and recently had it reprogrammed with a new CPU card. However, with the new configuration, I am getting a “AMPLIFIER STATUS” trouble and a “BACKUP AMPLIFIER ON” trouble. I’ve tried troubleshooting to see if there are any dip switches/jumpers that need reconfigured, but everything seems to be in good shape. Under the panel’s old CFIG, the main power supply was set as a normal power supply (power supply/charger), but under the new CFIG, its set as an audio system power supply (power supply/charger (audio). I’m not sure if that has anything to do with why I’m having issues with the amp or not, I did not have these two troubles before reprogramming and nothing else has changed in the panel besides the new CPU and CFIG. Does anyone possibly have any ideas/suggestions on how to fix these two troubles? Thanks

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I have the same issue and the only thing I did to cause it was completely power down the panel for a while. After bringing it back up, I now have those troubles.

In my case, I believe it is related to a programming issue. This panel was recently re-programmed, and I believe the main power supply was accidentally set to the incorrect card type. The power supply was originally configured for the standard “Power Supply/Charger” card type, but when it was re-programmed it was set to “Power Supply/Charger (Audio)”, and that is when those two troubles popped up. I have no clue what the difference is between the two, but apparently that is the wrong card type. Still have not had a chance to fix it.

It is difficult to say what is causing the issue in your situation, though. Could be either the amp or the power supply developing issues due to age, but don’t quote me on that. Old systems like this can be very temperamental, and sometimes just simply power cycling them can cause problems to spring up out of the blue from my own experience.