What really gets on your nerves

According to your profile you are only 14. The legal age to start working in Texas IS 14 (as it is in many states) so that is why you had trouble for the last two years unless your age is wrong. However a 14 or 15 year old can not use any type of lift equipment so what kind of theatrical lighting are you doing? You also can not legally work in in any type of engine room which a “yacht” would have. I am kind of interested as to what work you are actually doing in these locations? You your self can’t get into any trouble but I would hate to see your employer be having you do anything illegal that could get you hurt.

FACP, great to see you know something about stage lighting. I have a few questions I am having some trouble with, can you help me? I posted them in this thread: http://forums.thefirepanel.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4455

I wanted to do some part time construction work with my uncle’s company a few years ago when I was 16, they asked me to ask again when I was 18, since 16 was too young for most work. I’m 20 now so I hope to do some part time work when something comes up.

These are more of volentere jobs. I dont get paied yet because I am too young fo the job of repairing boats. But I am working as sort of an understudy so to speak and will probably be hired as a emploee once I am old enough (16). And a correction. I’m sorry I didn’t meen to put yhat. I work on sail boats. I accidently put yaht probable because I work at a yaht club, although there are no yahts there. They have small outboard moters, usually under 10 horsepower that I will occasionally preform work on, but not often. My bad.

As far as the lighting tech job goes, I dont use any lift equitment. All I need to use is the catwalk and our overstage electrics lower down on electric moters. The only thing I would need a lift for is for changing a house light, and we havent had to replace one seince the shool opened.

I do however get paid for working HAM communications.

Since the topic of jobs came up again, I finally got my first job! I work at my school’s bookstore. I find it very enjoyable. :slight_smile:

Thread bump. :twisted:

Another saying on the Internet that gets old: say it to my face/you wouldn’t say it to my face. It’s such an Internet Tough Guy phrase and I hate Internet Tough Guys. It’s annoying because on the Internet, I can’t say anything to anyone’s face even if I wanted to. What am I supposed to do, make travel plans to come find you? Skype? Send you a YouTube video? It also makes the assumption that I wouldn’t say it to their face. I find telling people off in person to be more satisfactory because it gets the point across faster, but again, not going to track someone down off of the Internet. What annoys me most about this phrase is that, IMO, it insinuates physical violence if you do say something to their face. Again, Internet Tough Guy thing.