Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything in this section.
pull_in_case_of_fire

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by pull_in_case_of_fire » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Hey!

My username is pull_in_case_of_fire, after the text on the Edwards 270-SPO pull station. I've been a fire alarm enthusiast since December 2012, and my favorite fire alarm Youtuber is the admin on this site, NewAgeServerAlarm. I have helped my middle school principal pull the alarm for 3 fire drills, and I'm looking forward to having a good time on the forums!

PS I don't know almost all of you, cause I'm new.

Joel Hunt
YouTube Username: Joel Hunt

Post by Joel Hunt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:26 am

I'm Joel Hunt, and have been following the Fire Alarm community since 2006. I'm thinking of starting a collection since I like safety equipment.

Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Post by Alexis_T » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:30 am

Guess I forgot to introduce myself too so here goes nothing:

So, my name is Alexis Trinquet, I've had interest in fire alarms since 2008 (I discovered this board around 2012 if I remember correctly). I've been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of 3 years, which is a bit why I have interest in Fire Alarms, elevators and tornado sirens.

After seeing one of Andrew's System Test videos, it sort of piqued my curiosity, and while looking for fire alarms on google Images I found one image that was from this board. That's somewhat how I discovered this board :)

Guess that's it then :mrgreen: I don't have anything more to say.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: 2 (Ademco 623-12, older Legrand MCP)

OscarAtlas
YouTube Username: OscarAtlas

Post by OscarAtlas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:33 am

I am new user. I am Oscar Atlas from Pennsylvania, United States.

randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Post by randomperson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes, I know this is a late one, but...
My name is Carsten, and I've been on here for a few months now.
I'm an avid fire alarm enthusiast who was diagnosed with Asperger's.
The way I got interested was... pretty weird. https://sites.google.com/view/randomper ... ll-started
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram

SSmassWKmt
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Siren Freak

Post by SSmassWKmt » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Welp. Mine is also very late.
My name is Tristan, and I am a Salt Lake City, Utah Native. Haven't moved out of my home town at all. I don't quite remember how I got into the hobby. I think I was watching a siren video, then a Simplex fire alarm video popped up. As you can probably tell, i'm 14. I don't speak much on here. So yea.
Just livin' the life.

dt5
New Participant
New Participant

Post by dt5 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi folks!

I stumbled across this forum while looking for information on Simplex fire alarms.

Since last December, I've been employed with the most wonderful job of electronics maintenance mechanic for the local school system. Responsibilities include clocks, local sound systems, door bells, burglar alarms, fire alarms, intercoms, and phone systems. I'm absolutely fascinated with 58th minute clocks. Other techs abhor rebuilding them. I find rebuilding them relaxing. Unlike most people on this site, I don't care much for fire alarms, mainly because of the noise. I'll explain.

I've always had sensitive hearing. I've worked in radio, and worn many hats at a recording studio such as tape editor and mastering engineer. I still do remote recording and editing, so my ears don't need to be taking abuse.

I like playing piano, both with my own two hands and with perforated paper rolls. In my teens, I (sort of) played guitar. In the same time period, I played organ at church. At the time, I had no organ of my own on which to practice. A few years ago, the price was right for a three manual, full pedal board digital organ. Unfortunately, I don't have much left over time to play it!

While the other techs at work are very knowledgeable on fire alarms, and they appreciate having a sound guy around, I hope to learn from this forum and to make new friends along the way!

jelimoore
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Post by jelimoore » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm

I’m just another kid. 15, high school, like fire alarms. I like IT/computers, specifically IT systems administration. I have a job/internship doing IT support/backend work for a local company. I actually just bought a MS-9200UD and some other stuff so wish me luck!

amandac

Post by amandac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 am

Thank you so much for having me here. I was hoping to do some renovation and install a fire alarm too. This forum is really helping me do that... Glad to be here. And everyone out there, you are rocking guys...

thefirealarm9
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: fireandalarm1234

Post by thefirealarm9 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:17 am

Hello, hello!

I'm relatively new to this forum, but I have been into (and collecting) fire alarms since 2010 (when I was about 9; I'm now 16). It's always been a interest to me. I just recently opened my YouTube channel, "fireandalarm1234" (I named my channel after a name I suggested about 5 years ago (2012), or earlier than that). Before, I would just set the alarms off in my room and sometimes record them (but I never actually put them on YouTube). Now, I'm on YouTube, and it's something I've wanted to do since 2012 :). I went on a 2 year hiatus from fire alarms (starting in 2015 and then till December of 2017). At that time, I didn't know whether to return to fire alarms or not. But, HERE I AM :). I have returned, and I'm gonna try to make it last while I can.

Anyway, I hope to make my stay last for a while ;) (meet people and possibly make friends, fire alarms, etc.). Thanks,

- Alex (fireandalarm1234 / thefirealarm9)

BettyStill

Post by BettyStill » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 am

Hi everyone, I have recently joined this forum.

NOTIFIER + EST Fan

Post by NOTIFIER + EST Fan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Just to clear something up....

I have been a fire alarm enthusiast for a long time, starting with that one fire drill that startled me to death, to the point where I really got used to the alarms, and starting to know more about the alarms, and that was really a long time ago. My first favorite fire alarm system was none other than the Notifier system, then my second favorite was Faraday and finally, Edwards/EST.

Anyways, I got a lot of interests/hobbies, like music, drawing, art, highways and interstates, watching TV shows, and of course, daytime soap operas! Other than fascinations with fire alarms, I am fascinated with retail stores, bands that I have listened to, the beauty of aesthetics, and so much more stuff that I couldn't even think of in my mind!

I have yet to own a fire alarm, but when I ever have one, it will be either Edwards, Notifier, Faraday, Radionics, or heck, even A*T (A*T), Simplex, Ademco, Fire-Lite, or FCI!

WhelenSirenFan
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: WhelenSirenFan

Post by WhelenSirenFan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:24 pm

I have not introduced myself yet.

I am Nik VanWagner. I own no panels yet but am in the process of building one from some old parts. My fascination in fire alarm devices began several years ago when I followed Koorsen Fire & Safety around a conference center to test their EST Quick-start system. Since then I have seen many different systems. I am also a train, siren, telephone, airplane, and band instrument enthusiast. My favorite fire alarm moment was when I was in 7th grade. I had just mentioned that we were due to have a fire drill soon to a friend at lunch, and then all the Genesis devices in the building sounded for a drill! I thought I was psychic or something.

I don't own any commercial alarms, however I am the owner of numerous smoke detectors that are commonly found on residential houses. I'm thinking of buying a BG-12 and an EST Integrity off of Ebay.

-Nik VanWagner
Just Plain Weird Goat | WhelenSirenFan
Proud Owner of - Some Firex alarms, a few BRK alarms, three Kiddes, and a 'Cone Drive Textron' alarm from a 1986 RV.