Strange Screen on sign factory

Talk about anything in this section.
Fire alarms are cool
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:20 pm

In my town there is this sign factory that makes signs. I was leaving the Salvation Army and the screen had a black background and text that said "Master slave:Disk 1" It looked weird. Do you know why this could be happening? :? :?:
Pibb Xtra is better than tea! :D
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Probably that sign was most likely a oversized screen connected to an embedded PC... a store not too far I live had their advertising billboard show a nice... "BOOT FAILURE. REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE." instead of the usual adverts slapped onto here...

I've yet to see one of these screen billboards show a "BSOD" that'd be something out of the ordinary :lol: I've even seen on Reddit pictures of such billboards showing TeamViewer error messages (see when I told ya that those billboard signs are mostly embedded PCs? These PCs usually play a video, but I did not knew for sure that some were connected to a remote server with TeamViewer, maybe they let the remote server do all the decoding as these embedded billboard PCs are usually not very powerful and built to consume the least power possible)
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Fire alarms are cool
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks. LOL :lol:
Pibb Xtra is better than tea! :D