I'm still alive!

Hey everyone! Just thought I’d check back in and see how things are going here. It’s been forever since I last posted, but I do still occasionally visit.

What’s new with me? Well, I bought a house last year and spent months renovating it, started teaching drum and guitar lessons, overhauled my studio and started doing freelance music production, released a solo album, put out an EP with my band, and currently working on our full-length album. So life’s been good. My interest in fire alarms has been very much on the back burner, but I’ll never lose interest entirely.

I’m glad to see the forum is still pretty active. I used to have a lot of fun here and it’s great to see people keeping it alive. What’s new with y’all?

You’re welcome brother! I appreciate that you still are into alarms and will never give them up. I hope you can create more fire alarm videos someday!

Good to see you stop by, Destin!
TFP isn’t as active as it used to be, but people are active occasionally. I’m in my junior(ish) year of my fire protection program at OSU, and this past summer I interned at a fire sprinkler design company in Omaha. I got a lot of good experience with the sprinkler side of things.
I don’t think I’ve got the same desire to make videos as I did several years ago, but I like where I am in the community now.

Nice to see that you have came back to check in! We really are missing people like you. As for the forums, I can’t say that it is too active anymore but there are some posts that occasionally show up. :smiley:

Welcome back, glad to hear that life is treating you very well!

I have been working as a full license fire alarm tech for almost 2 years now, for a small company that has an abundance of buildings. Love it though, have been getting tons of experience on many fire alarm systems out there! Still live with the 'rents, but have been saving up for a place of my own.

Heeeyyy! It’s great to see you on here!

Nothing much. Juggling four AP classes, working on a theatre production as a sound technician, and running my YouTube channel. I recently decided to start a new series called “Daily Life & Safety” which focuses on different life safety concepts applied to the real world. Not gaining as much traction as I hoped but it’s off to a good start so far.

I took a look at your music and your band’s pages on Spotify. I like your music and I can’t wait to start listening to the new album that’s coming out.

Life overall is pretty busy with the workload, but I’m somehow making it through.

I wouldn’t worry too much about your series getting a slow start. It sounds interesting so I am sure it will take off soon.