Emergency vehicles...

Out of pure curiosity, I have decided to ask all you some questions about your emergency vehicles. For example:

Do you currently have a fire department where you live?
What kinds of apparatus (equipment, manufacturers) does your department have?
Have you ever caught a fire truck, ambulance, or police car on camera before?
Do you currently have or used to have an emergency vehicle collection (as in toys)?

Those are just some questions for thought, and now let me share with you what I have seen when it comes to emergency vehicles in Livonia:

Livonia Fire & Rescue operates out of 5 stations. Our apparatus roster includes 6 engines (1 reserve), 6 rescue squads (1 reserve), 1 tower unit, 1 special operations unit, 1 heavy rescue, 1 battalion chief, a couple of trailers, 1 haz-mat unit, etc. Most of our apparatus is manufactured by American LaFrance, though we have 1 Pierce (heavy rescue), and 2 Fords (special operations and batt. chief), etc. In the past, we have supplied our apparatus with Chevrolet, Pierce, and Sutphen. I have not captured any apparatus on camera before, but I have seen almost every single one, whether its out on a call or out for a little drive, in addition to those private ambulance companies also on the road. Like most cities, we also operate a police department, and I have a collection of emergency vehicles (mostly Matchbox and Hot Wheels) that I have even assigned into my own little stations.

After some thinking, I have about 12 fire departments that server my area.

I drive one :slight_smile:

2010 black Ford Explorer XLT SSV
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2010fleetshowroom/2010-explorerssv.asp

Federal Signal Unitrol TouchMaster Delta

2 rear facing Federal Signal Viper S2’s

1 forward facing (same as above)

8 Federal Signal “corner” LED’s installed in OEM head and tail lamps.

All warning lights in red and blue

Center mounted Troy equipment console

4 console mounted XTL mobile’s by Motorola (multiple bands)

2 rear mounted (same as above)

IMT Microwave downlink receiver (Multi channel, with re-broadcast and dual channel receiver with rear mounted LCD monitors)

Deployable satellite up link and down link for voice and high speed data

Verizon high speed lan using a secure mobile router

Cisco IP Phone 7960G (Linked to lan, in rear)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 (fully loaded docks in front and rear)

HP Multi function colour laser printer (in rear)

Fully equipped with first responder medical supply’s including an automatic and advanced defibrillator.

Scott Air-pak and full turnout gear

Many other emergency/terror response and medical equipment also tucked away in there