Game Shows...

As another topic of discussion, what are some of your favorite game shows, past and present? Have you ever been on a game show? My favorites include Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy!, just to name a couple.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you exactly.?

I don’t really watch a lot of game shows (or like a lot of them) but I watch (maybe like once a year if I have nothing better to do) Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune, but once again, I rarely watch them.

I LOVE The Price is Right. There’s a PiR topic in this part of the board, but since I’m the only one who ever posted in it, I just stopped. Here’s the thread BTW. I basically love all game shows, so I’m not picky, but PiR is my favorite. My aunt was a contestant on the show back in the 80s, so it runs int he family. :slight_smile:

That’s nice to hear; whenever I have day off school on a weekday, I usually tune to in to The Price is Right as well, as well as its “next door neighbor”, Let’s Make A Deal. Also, I used to watch GSN (Game Show Network) when I was younger before they changed the format of its shows; I used to watch Match Game, Press Your Luck, and Whammy!, to name a few.

If you’re not aware of the site, check out http://www.televisiontunes.com for themes from your favorite game shows. In fact, HUNDREDS of themes from shows, almost from the beginning of TV.

I love lots of game shows, but my favorites would have to be Password (especially the Plus and Super versions) and its close cousin Pyramid. I’m mostly partial to shows from the 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s, but I’m open-minded to today’s game shows as well. Shows like Deal or No Deal do nothing for me, but some modern shows I enjoy include Lingo, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Russian Roulette, and the newest one, Million Dollar Money Drop. And I still watch new episodes of evergreens like TPiR, Wheel, Jeopardy!, and Family Feud as well.