Merry Christmas!

Yes, I am aware that Christmas is still a couple of days away, but since many people will be traveling this weekend (amongst other things like last-minute Christmas shopping), what are some of your plans for Christmas? What presents do you hope on getting this year?

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m planning on celebrating with family on Sunday, my aunt is hosting a party for the whole family. I have about a month of vacation before my final semester begins in late January, so I’m sure I’ll find something to do.

Coincidentally enough, me and some family and friends will be visiting my aunt tomorrow, where we will get to open presents early! :smiley:

This time of year is ALWAYS busy for us. We had our church’s progressive dinner back on the 10th, so to prep for that, we always decorate the house right after Thanksgiving (usually on black Friday). Then comes the shopping craze. I am all done and am thankful for it as the mall traffic has been HORRIBLE these past couple of days. We will be going to my aunt’s house tomorrow afternoon for my dad’s side of the family and then tomorrow evening there’s the gathering at my house for my mom’s side of the family as well as our friends from church, who always come by after the 7:30 service. Sunday morning my uncle will have brunch at his place and then we go to our friend’s house for another small gathering (just to see what they got this year, it’s not a dinner or anything). Then, one week later, it’s our big New Year’s Eve party, which is ALWAYS lots of fun. I’m also going away to visit some fellow forum members on the 9-11th, so I’m REALLY looking forward to that too.

So, I will be home for the holidays, but incase I don’t hear from you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

We plan to have most of our family gather together on New Year’s Eve as well, where I plan to open up even more presents! :smiley:

Quite the little snot aren’t you? For someone who tries to look wise beyond their years with the news postings and questions you show your true colours. A selfish little tit.

The holiday season is about family and loved ones not gifts… Secondly, there are thousands of children who will not receive any gifts this year, let alone have the food or the heated home to enjoy them in.

More gifts… good for you.

Before I see my extended family for dinner I plan to spend the afternoon on Christmas Day at a homeless shelter feeding those less fortunate than I and handing out gifts

Enjoy your gifts Kevistic.

We get it. You’re better than everyone else.

I point out peoples hardships… and you take that out of it?

Sorry, but as I stated I am lucky I have heat and food… so I try and give back… I don’t care what is under my tree… HOW does that make me better than anyone?

Would you rather I stay home?

Okay; before this gets out of hand…

I visited my aunt (along with some family and friends) and we all went out to dinner. Afterwards, I got to open some early Christmas presents, which are the following:

$50.00 (w/ card) from my aunt
3 plastic eggs full of silly putty
A candy cane full of miniature Reese’s
Pepperment squares (chocolates)
Super Mario 64 DS
“You Have To Stop This” (novel)

Okay… it is always best to change the subject when it gets hard to talk about… good move!

I see a “topic locked” in this topic’s future.

To me, it’s a chance to spend time with the family–we had a lot of laughs at the kitchen table tonight!

Sure, I may have presents under the tree–but I gave presents this year as well as received–and it’s more of the good thought of giving them than getting the free stuff that counts. It demonstrates that you care about someone.

You mean if the moderators gave a shit about this place…

Nice to see someone young that knows the true spirit :slight_smile:

Same here; I happened to donate a dollar or two to The Salvation Army on Friday, and I also plan to give some Christmas presents to a friend when he comes home from celebrating Christmas in Seattle.

Just opened some presents with my mother (and her boyfirend) and my brothers! Here’s what I got:

$50 Amazon gift card
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (novel)
Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (novel)
Phillips Sonicare electronic toothbrush
Set of personal tweezers
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Tetris Axis (Nintendo 3DS)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens Personal Workbook

What presents did you guys get?

Here’s my “loot”:

Laughs, warm feelings and lots of fun hanging out with the family

-RadioShack dual temperature soldering station
-1999 Toyota Camry LE V6, tan exterior and taupe interior
-3 PICAXE 40x2s
-5 PICAXE Breadboard Adapters
-1 PICAXE Programming Cable
-Roadside Emergency Kit
-Blanket
-Trunk Organizer
-Heavy Duty Flashlight
-Honey I Shrunk The Kids DVD

Hey HEY you got that car earlier! :slight_smile: Did you get another? haha

Have a link to the soldering station?

It was an early present.

and… …maybe i should not have read those reviews.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062750

Don’t buy into the review to much. I always had good luck with radio shack soldering irons I liked them because they were low cost and easily attainable but I still have my first radio shack soldering iron and it still works great. It seems as though they don’t like the tip, just have a second tip on hand so you do not get in a jam.

Just visited with my father and a couple of friends; here’s the following gifts:

Christmas card w/ $222.00 check (will be put into my bank account)
Christmas card w/ $20.00 (bank account)
Nintendo 3DS (Aqua Blue)

I forgot to mention that at my mother’s house, I also got a “money tree” (plastic tree) with a total of $85.00 on the tree (most will be saved, some will be spent).

So, this rounds out my presents for Christmas; I will get just a little more when my other family members and relatives come over on New Year’s Eve. This has been a very good holiday for me and my family.

Good for you. Is all you care about gifts?