It's probably an Executone system.

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Mircomfan

Re: School Bell & PA Systems

Post by EdwardsFan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Simplex4Life wrote:
EdwardsFan wrote:Elementary school: Some Edwards bell control panel. There were 10 bells installed inside + outside the school. There are Edwards 4" adaptabels (5), Edwards 10" adaptabels (4), and 1 Edwards adaptahorn (outside). Outside, The only 6" adaptabel we had was replaced with a 4" adaptabel, and one of the 4" adaptabels were replaced with a adaptabuzzer, then a 10" adaptabel. The only bell that doesn't work is the one in the gymnasium, a 10" adaptabel. I think it's disconnected, it hasn't worked since I began school there.

High school: The bells are over the PA system, and are controlled by a panel ( the company is named ______tone, have no clue). There are about 11 bells installed around the school. A mix of 6" adaptabels, and 4" IBM and Simplex bells. I don't know if they were part of an old bell system, or are used for another system, but I have never heard them go off.
A while ago in the Some Fire Alarm Pics thread on this page: http://community.schuminweb.com/viewtop ... 6&start=30, you posted some pics of those IBM 4" bells. We had those exact same kind of 4" bells in half of the old middle school, but they were by Autocall and they were black. Actually, a few of them were 6". They used tones while I was there though, so unfortunately, I never heard those bells ring.
Yeah, same here, i really wanna know how those bells at my school sound like. I have no idea if the bells are actually still in use for anything else, so maybe i'll try and see if i could get some.
"Never forget your history, Nor your destiny." - Bob Marley

EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Mircomfan

Post by EdwardsFan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 am

EdwardsFan wrote:Elementary school: Some Edwards bell control panel. There were 10 bells installed inside + outside the school. There are Edwards 4" adaptabels (5), Edwards 10" adaptabels (4), and 1 Edwards adaptahorn (outside). Outside, The only 6" adaptabel we had was replaced with a 4" adaptabel, and one of the 4" adaptabels were replaced with a adaptabuzzer, then a 10" adaptabel. The only bell that doesn't work is the one in the gymnasium, a 10" adaptabel. I think it's disconnected, it hasn't worked since I began school there.

High school: The bells are over the PA system, and are controlled by a panel ( the company is named ______tone, have no clue). There are about 11 bells installed around the school. A mix of 6" adaptabels, and 4" IBM and Simplex bells. I don't know if they were part of an old bell system, or are used for another system, but I have never heard them go off.
Bringing up an old topic I know, but I have some new info and I will be uploading some videos as well.

I have learned a lot more about the bell system at my high school. I had previously said the bells were controlled by a panel in the main office. This year, I was Minister of Communications for our student council, which basically I did announcements and advertising, so I had access to the PA system all year. I learned that the bells weren't controlled by the Executone panel (that was actually a security alarm panel), but by the PA system itself.

The PA system is made by Telecor. We used to have an old Telecor system, installed in 1988. We just got a brand new one, the Telecor 2, during the march break, when the old one fried in December. I had learned how to use both these systems, and before you knew it, I was actually teaching the administration staff how to program bell schedules and bell tones. In fact, one of the guys who installed the system during the break told me I knew more about these systems than most of the people he works with. As I said, The system itself serves as a PA system for paging the school and classrooms, but also as a bell system. It has a tone generator in it, and you can program/customize any tones. The consoles that are used for paging and programming are basically telephones. If you're into PA systems and stuff like that its very neat, I will post some videos later.

As for the actual school bells in my building, I believe that the school had an old IBM bell/clock control system at one point, with buzzers in the classrooms as well. All the classrooms in the building have a backbox with an IBM sticker and instructions on it, which are now just have a nail in them to hang the new Edwards clocks.
"Never forget your history, Nor your destiny." - Bob Marley

tsFire Alarm026
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Post by tsFire Alarm026 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

My schools bell system is made by American Time signal co it sends a tone through speakers made by Aiphone

tsFire Alarm026
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Re: What is your schools bell system?

Post by tsFire Alarm026 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm

My school has an American Time & Signal system which sends a tone over the PA.

Destin
Retired Staff
YouTube Username: thesdx

Re: What is your schools bell system?

Post by Destin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:57 pm

honk108 wrote:I believe I came across an old thread, and would rather stick to the rules than bump an old thread.
Thanks for paying attention to the post date. In this case, I merged your new thread with the old one and made it a sticky. It's OK to bump long open-ended threads like this one.
Destin L. (thesdx)
My Website — FireAlarmCollector.com
My YouTube Channel
I'm no longer very active on here, but if you wish to contact me, feel free to send me a PM. :wink:

Spencerlovestrains
New Participant
New Participant

Post by Spencerlovestrains » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:42 pm

My school has a Simplex 2350 Time Master. And they use a Microphone and press a button when they talk.

Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Post by Simplex 4051 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:07 am

As pertaining to my elementary school bell system, I don't know what it is, but it is VERY unique. I say that because if you are inside when the bell sounds, it sounds like a Wheelock MT in bell for the 4 seconds it is on. If you are outside, it sounds like a Wheelock MT set in siren!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

34T
New Participant
New Participant

Post by 34T » Fri May 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Our school uses EST Genesis Horn Only units in white (no fire letter) There ear-piercing things.

Jack
YouTube Username: FireAlarmCollector

Post by Jack » Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 pm

JMAN12343610 wrote:ES: Bell was speaker clock combos in class and ceiling pa's in the hall, played 4 higher pitched soft dings each lasting about .5 seconds. the end of the fourth tone always cut off. Intercom system tone was short high pitched beep for about a second. but now they messed it up and my sister says the bell sounds like the first three notes of Westminster, and pa is just a phone sound.
MS,HS: both have basically same system. bell: pa broadcasted 650ish hz dings, .5 seconds long each, sometimes starting and stopping in the middle of a ding, and depending on where you are in the building, some rooms do 4 dings where others do 7. in rooms that cut off early, you can still hear others go another round or to. no intercom noise. but at my hs, ding was more echoey sounding, and whenever we had an event or irregular schedule, instead of programming a day of normal sound, somehow they use the phone to created high pitched beep sounds, and to signal fire drill all clear or irregular class change they would do two short blasts and one long, fast or slow depending on whoever is doing it.
My school has the same system, except for the PA tone. It's basically high low high low high and then the PA kicks on. It's a Simplex Time Recorder system, so I'm guessing yours is to.
Here is a picture of the speakers on the wall: (it used to have a Simplex clock on it)
small.png
small.png (350.34 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Jack Kirkpatrick - Moderator
Reseller, Collector
ShopFireAlarms Website
FireAlarmCollector Site
FireAlarmCollector Youtube