How do i fix this?

Hello,
Lately i have been felling unwelcomed to the fire alarm community. I have felt it here on the forum and on skype by board staff. I have no idea what im doing to get people angry at me but to thoes i have please tell me because i really want to fix this i want to make friends not people who hate me.

Thank You,
Nathan

I have never even spoken to you but I have heard multiple negative things about you and the attitude you have tword other people, especially for someone so young and clueless when it comes to a “hobby” that involves a very strong skillset and has some very smart people in this “community” of collectors and installers.

You need to take a chill pill. You need to loose the attitude you have with people espeically trying to take charge and act correct all the time. I had been in the trade for almost 10 years before I left it to move on to other ventures and was still alot to learn then. You at whatever age you really are have zero knowlege in comparison to what you need to know.

Don’t be such a show off. NO ONE likes it. As someone who was born lucky I NEVER used my “luck” to show off, brag, or belittle the things other people work hard for. So you get a free alarm… don’t jump on youtube to show it off and then make up stories about how you got your hands on it. No one really cares!

When you are banned from this forum for a week, and then banned from a forum you were a moderator on because you had such a negative attitude that should tell you something. Please do not come here acting like a victim, take a step back and look at the faults you poses and put on other people.

Am I a dick? Totaly! Why? Because I get frustrated when KIDS do not listem. Kids who are involved in a hobby that with the wrong move can actually inujur them, their home/property, or damage something they just spent perhaps hundreds of dollars on. Probably of their parents money. Do I care? No… not really. At the end of the day if I can get a kid to be safe I do what it takes.

As for you? My advice is to as I said…Take a chill pill! Ditch the attitude and play nice. Learn how to just give in even when you think you are right, don’t show off, and be fair. It will get you very far in life! Trust me!

You just act like you know everything when you really don’t. You used to spew the LMGTFY tags all the time trying to act like “ohh wow you didn’t know that?”.

Lose the attitude. You’re an amateur hobbyist, not a licensed professional.

Omg, lol. :lol:

You have been very rude to Andrew and Samson.

You’ve annoyed Andrew over the phone many times to the point where he got me to block your number. Samson made a new Skype account so he doesn’t have to deal with your crap.

On a completely separate note, you tried to ban me on Tsscman123’s forum over a Skype chat in which Samson bailed me out of many times.

When I think of any other stuff I will update my post.

Excuse me? That is how you reply to a post that involes someone you know who is looking for advice on how to improve? I think I was pretty honest and open about my self and what I know about the situation.

What a joke…

Whether you like it or not, Jake is a mod as much as Andrew, Matt and I are admins. It gets pretty annoying that I read something along those lines over and over again.

It appears I have sent out the wrong message. I do not dislike Jake or what he said, I was just laughing at how he put “Totally!” after “Am I a dick?”.

I was admiring Jake’s humor, if I should say.

Ok Thank You Jake! Even tho i have not met you i do not think your a dick you just speak the truth and i respect that.

Ok thank you! What kind of attitude are you talking about? Im just trying to get this strait so i know what i need to change.

Thank You! I just hav a couple questions. Number 1, Did andrew tell you how i annoyed him. Because i was not aware that i did.
Number 2, I did not try to ban you. I am sorry you were right about the forum rules and i was wrong i am sorry about that and i will promise you it will not happen again.
Number 3, Dont take this the wrong way but samson is annoying me more the i am to him. All i want is my alarm and my keys. I paid him $100.00 witch is good money for used alarms and one doesnt work.
Also…I am sorry i know i was a jerk that day it was a bad day for me.

My best advice for this situation is to take the Internet less seriously. I don’t know anything about the drama that has been stirring around you recently, and I intentionally avoid looking into it because I DON’T CARE! :smiley: I was lying on a beach in Florida while it was all going down. I’m happy to say that I don’t care because none of it matters at all in the long run - all it could ever do is perhaps lower my mood a bit. I keep an eye out as much as I need to as a moderator, but I then walk away from the computer and my mind instantly goes to something more important.

I rarely connect with anyone who I only know on the Internet. I don’t really keep up with any collectors’ YouTube channels or comment on their videos. I haven’t logged into the AIM account listed on my forum profile in years. It’s not that I’m antisocial, but I’ve generally found that it’s impossible to be social in a natural way with someone who you can’t speak to face-to-face. Textual communication is a breeding ground for misunderstandings - all the little nuances of speech and body language are lost and things can easily be misconstrued as negative. Chances are the way you’re interpreting what I’m writing right now is different than how I intended it to sound. Even Skyping or talking to someone over the phone is flawed - you’re probably seeing or hearing only one side of that person and the conversation is kept at a surface level. Plus, the awkwardness of long-distance communicating inevitably causes both parties to say stuff they don’t mean. Although the Internet allows us to meet people whom we might not notice in real life, sometimes the real person hiding behind their username may not be AT ALL who they seem like on forums and such. First impressions can be dead wrong, and first impressions over an online forum are even more unreliable. That’s why I don’t get involved much beyond discussing the subject at hand.

Just take a step back, stop chatting with anyone who stresses you out, ignore anyone who annoys you, cut your losses if you’ve been ripped off, and start fresh because none of it matters. You don’t HAVE to do any of it, so there’s no reason to keep doing it if it brings you down. Heck, try logging out of any IM/Skype type of things and take a break from your YouTube presence and the forum for a week. If you find yourself missing it, then it’s in your best interest to occupy your time with more real life activities. Let your eyes see some sunlight.

While lying on that beach in Florida, I watched the tide come in and completely wash away all of the castles and trenches that people had built that day. After the tide went out, the beach looked totally different. None of the man-made sand stuff was able to leave even a dent on the beach, but a sand bar suddenly appeared. Days later, the sand bar was gone. Online communities work the same way. They ebb and flow over time. Things that people say and do get buried deep over time and don’t even make a dent on the community. No one can screw up so badly that the community is forever changed. I tried to dig a canal from the ocean to a tide pool and managed to move a ridiculous amount of sand, but it began to wear me out and it was washed away the next day. Nathan, if you think you’ve dug yourself into a hole, you vastly underestimate the power of time. Your ability to feed the drama machine and the short attention spans of others will wear out and glaze over whatever drama you got yourself into. In a week or two, no one will even remember. Because none of it matters! :smiley:

NO, don’t start this bull crap here. All the devices were tested prior to shipment. You should read before you test alarms to ensure your hooking them up properly.

Nathan, Honestly i dont have time for these “games” what i mean is EVERY TIME i log on to my skype i get an im “hey want to talk” “ask andrew to call me”
Thats why i had to make a new one.

ALSO…
start using spell check! :stuck_out_tongue:

TO add…

You only told me like 20 times about your damn Low Frequency Sounder strobe, which you said you paid $120 for.

So, if you did you did, if not WHAT EVER!!!

I DONT CARE!!!

You know, you also spam on skype by adding me into random group chats, i find really childish…

Sorry nathan, but I have to agree mainly with Jake and Samson, you have added me on the most stupidest calls/groups and it makes me angry at you. You have been acting really immature on Skype and you act like you know it all but, you don’t. And about the story with the HR-LF seems fake since you don’t want me to tell you know who.

What about the HR-LF… tell us :open_mouth:

I’ll standby with a fire extinguisher when this flame war ends…

You know what destin you’re right i need to step away from all this. That is what the stress is all about.

Im sorry you fell that way. That is why i created this topic so i can find out what is going on and change.

What do you want to know?

I’ll bring the deck gun.

(That’s a large nozzle mounted on a swiveling and tilting frame attached to a fire truck)
(I didn’t mean a mounted machine gun)

But really people…

I don’t even know what to say here.
Yes, I will say that Nathan was bugging me in much of the same ways as everyone else, and he’s given a lot of false advice on here.

He’s trying to fit in to the community, I can see that, except his approach is all wrong. If you want to fit in to this community and be a good member, you have to look before you leap, listen, make sure your information is correct, and most importantly, don’t bug people all the time.

How was I bugging you? I just want to know so I can change it

It’s kinda the same thing that people here were saying, about being added to ridiculous skype calls, etc.

I will admit I am very busy now and do not have much time anymore to chat with people from the alarm community directly, not to mention the forums.

Ok I did not even have your Skype username until you said I was annoying you. But anyways thank you everyone and please don’t be afraid to tell me if I am bothering you