Wisdom Teeth

So… I’m getting my wisdom teeth removed on December 30th… And it will be my first surgical procedure, as they are going to knock me out via IV.

Has anyone had a similar procedure involving teeth and/or anesthetic?

Well, luckily they’re going to put me out via a liquid anesthetic over an IV drip, so I won’t feel it when they remove it. They said that they were gonna saw the tooth in half with what’s pretty much a dental dremel, then they’ll pull the roots out. (they’re fully-rooted bottom wisdom teeth). As for the gas, I don’t know.

Yep, I had all 4 removed a few years ago. The first day was bad. After a week it was better.

I laid in bed and watched James Bond movies on Netflix for the first few days after. I’ll say at over 2 hours per movie they are a good way to kill time and ignore the pain.

At least you watched something quality to pass the time away. As for me, I’ll probably be playing Star Wars Battlefront or something like that.

Had mine taken out in my senior year of high school back in December of '09. They used an IV drip on my left arm and I was out within thirty seconds of the start of the drip, which was the last thing I remember well before and after waking up; the anesthesia will affect your memory for about an hour after awaking, see Youtube for videos. Also, will not be able to eat solid food for about three days, and then solid/hard food for about a week after the procedure; and you will also have lots of gauze pads in your mouth that will have to be replaced every couple hours.

I got my wisdom out about 3 years ago. The first day was rough because the anesthesia made me sick. I ate a ton of soft mushy foods.

I guess I better get ready for the applesauce and banana pudding haha!

An update: My wisdom teeth are gone! It hurts to open my mouth wide, and my face is swollen, but I’m getting used to the pain. They were removed yesterday, so I hope I recover quickly.