Chili Peppers

Since we’re all fucking talking about fire alarms, how about shit that’s hot. Anyone of you eat a fresh jalapeño pepper? those bitches are hot, dude. i ate one and drank two gallons of milk to get the pain to go away.

I have had jalapeños before, but my dad and I prefer freshly roasted Hatch green chile. He’s from New Mexico, and he introduced me to it when I was little.

About the hottest thing I’ve eaten is chips dusted with habanero powder. Needless to say, the heat detector in my mouth tripped… Big time.

Also, please try to watch your language, and read the rules.

I’m originally from the south, so I LOVE spicy food. I think I’ve built up a level of tolerance to spice from an early age, so it takes a lot to make me wince. I once chugged a bottle of hot sauce on a dare and hardly felt it. :wink:

The South, eh? Where from, and why haven’t you told me this? :stuck_out_tongue: I bet I could handle hotter foods than you can!

I was born in Nashville, TN. I also spent a lot of time in New Orleans, home to one of the best seafood cuisines in the world. There, you get the highbrow French influence of creole mixed with the more rustic cajun roots of the area. Y’all ain’t tasted nothin’ til you try a cajun-seasoned habanero. :shock:

I’ve had some pretty good things when I visited Bourbon Street. I also saw things I shouldn’t have seen. :shock: Anyway, if you ever visit New Mexico, you should visit a place called Sadie’s. That’s some hot stuff, man!

Haha, I’ve never heard you say “y’all”! That’s awesome!

The horn they were hooked up to? 4030 . XD

One time I ate a jalapeño and my fire alarm system got signals from everywhere. Needless to say, I yelled and ran to the drinking fountain, because I really ain’t used to peppers. I’ve also eaten a jalapeños seed that slipped into my chili dog in a mall. Lol I ran to the nearest drinking fountain. Which was on the other side of the mall.

Y’all can’t handle your peppers, then. :wink:

Anyone tried Sriracha :twisted:

:oops: I wanted the FD to come…

Pfft, that’s nothing! :wink:

^ You have no idea how good this smells!

Yes, I have, on wings. It was delicious. I’m almost addicted to it.

Also, water does not make the feeling go away - in fact it makes it worse. Try drinking milk next time.

OMG that looks good to. Imagine that on a pizza, hole or in a salad. DIPPED IN CHEESE!!! :shock:

On a pizza? In a salad? NO!

Try this on for size:

It’s called a chile relleno, and it’s pretty much a green chile stuffed with beef, chicken, or cheese, then fried to perfection.

STOP MAKING ME HUNGRY!! :lol: :x

Chile relleno-- so good. I want one for supper now, lol. BTW, they actually use a poblano pepper in these.
In the town where I live there is a nice Mexican restaurant whose chef was a chef in Mexico and they make excellent, very tasty, amazing Mexican food, and I like it a lot. They’re a bit on the expensive side, however, so I do not go to them often.

You’re right, they are made with poblano peppers, but the best ones stuff the poblano peppers with 100% real Hatch green chile, beef, and cheese. Have a nice meaty germ chile sauce drizzled over it, and I think you’d have a meal that both Brandon and Destin can handle! 8)
The real beauty of this dish is that you can use very mild or very hot chile, depending on your taste. Which reminds me - I challenge Destin to a hot food-eating contest! :mrgreen: