Oklahoma State University Application Creative Supplement

Howdy, y’all.

As I begin the process for applying to colleges, Oklahoma State had always been on my list. Along with the standard essays they require in order to process the application, there’s also an option for a “Creative Supplement.” The description is as follows:

[quote] You have the option to submit a creative supplement that displays your potential as part of your application. Please include 3-5 sentences explaining your concept and the mediums or tools used. Your submission could include, but is not limited to: an original song, piece of artwork, blueprint or fashion design. There is no negative impact on the application evaluation should you choose not to respond. This is an option for students who have a strong desire to present themselves through a creative component. [/quote]

I was thinking for something like FPST, the Fire Protection and Safety Technologies program, that I could design a basic fire alarm panel circuit, but I’m not really sure how I’d do that. Even then, I don’t know if designing a panel would be the way to go for this sort of “Creative” approach. I’m hesitant on using games like Minecraft to build something, since it’s not all that professional, but I’m not really sure what to do.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I hope this somewhat helps you:
<URL url="Building a Micro-controller powerd FACP]Building a Micro-controller powerd FACP]

<URL url="Building a FACP]Building a FACP]

How would a fire alarm panel be a creative piece?

Because it just could… :wink:

Bring creative is producing something original. A fire alarm panel is not original. If he made a few revolutionary changes to a FACP, or invented something completely new, then it would be original.

By the way, the advertising in your signature is starting to get a bit annoying!

How? There is no rule against it…
OP: If you made it control a RC car and go to the fire, that would be creative. 8) :wink:

[quote] P7.* Advertising is not permitted unless explicit permission is given from the administrator. [/quote]

Rule P7 under “Posting.”

That is correct. That extends to all locations of said advertisements.

Please edit your signature.

Ok…
Jack, i told you…

Actually, you didn’t tell me. You made that signature yourself, and I have only told you to correct the grammar in it. I have not endorsed you advertising on TFP.

so I can’t have my signature say to visit my fire alarm photos website? O_o

No, you can do that, you just can’t advertise other websites, like Brandon’s PCBS site.

Also, can we get back on topic, please?

Just to be clear, Brandon only works at PCBS. I own and run PCBS Computers.

Really? You’re 14. Do you have papers filed with the government? Do you pay taxes? Insurance? Permits? Why don’t you save the grown-up stuff for the rest of your life? Enjoy your childhood!

As for the creative supplement, you could try building a real-life simulation of how a fire alarm panel works using, maybe, water through pipes or something. That would be interesting.

He’s got a website and making money at the age of 14. It beats mowing lawns! I say enjoy the tax-free entrepreneurialism while it lasts, and save the insurance, permits, and other grown-up stuff for the rest of your life.

Now, back to the topic. A fire alarm system circuit design could be a cool choice for a creative supplement, but I would advise against doing anything that you’re not comfortable or confident with. You have the passion they’re looking for, but it sounds like you don’t have a clear vision yet of what you would create. With creative supplements, ideas are often more important than quality or skill level. If you came up with an invention or a new way of looking at fire protection, you could pick whichever medium you work best with, outline the concept, and it would be a winner as long as it clearly and passionately demonstrated your original idea. However, simply reproducing an existing FACP design would only show your skill, not originality.

With most universities, a creative supplement goes towards admission to the university regardless of which program you’re entering. Keep thinking about a fire protection-related idea, but I would consider other options too. Do whatever you love, and that will shine through your work even if it’s not perfect.

Sorry for the mishap :oops:
(OP):Just be you! :wink:
ALso i found this about Under 18 owning a company

Bump… sorry.

I forgot to mention that I decided to compose a short little fanfare for my creative supplement. It’s based on a perfect fifth so it’s nice and triumphant, like the school it represents. Attached is the fanfare.

Edit: Resized the pictures.

Musically inclined :slight_smile:
Looks nice.

Yeah. Thanks for the awesome trombone part. That makes us trombonists feel really important in this world. :lol:

Why didn’t you just arrange it in Eb Minor? That would’ve been cooler.

I wanted it to be in a major key because it’s a fanfare. Heck, if we could get another trumpet, a horn, and a tuba, we’d be set!