Marching Band

Since I know there are other members that are musicians, does anybody else participate in marching band? I just finished up with my senior year in band playing baritone (part of the reason why I haven’t been very active on the forums in the past few months), and I just wanted to share our state-championship winning show from this year:

I play trumpet in my school’s band.
This is the only video I could find of this year’s performance. In hindsight, it kinda sucks compared to our most recent performance. This was at our first competition of the year, and we made it to Area Finals this year, having only ever made it to Area Prelims in years past. I’ve never been to a State competition. Contrary to what this announcer says, we’re a 6A school.

I am planning on joining marching band when I get to high school in 2 years.

Not a single school where I live has a marching band at all. I think the closest thing to a band I’ve been on is a percussion ensemble at my school. We did pretty good, the second year I was on it, we were invited to play at Musicfest Canada, which we got silver in. We were supposed to go to it again in Toronto in my Grade 12 year, but my school board decided to transfer our music teacher to another school. Very stupid move on their part, they effectively ended the percussion/instrumental program at my school.

Here is a video of us playing a piece called ‘A Misterio’, which got us into Musicfest.

I play Trombone 1 in marching band. We haven’t won any competitions, but that’s because we don’t focus on marching band that much. We do more concert band stuff (winning Platinum at Great East for 20+ years straight).

Our rivals, Dighton Rehoboth, win lots of competitions, but their concert band is horrible.

I think it is fair to say that I’m probably the only member on this forum who is in a university marching band. Anyway our show this year was jazz themed. Currently I play the Mellophone, though I played the trumpet in high school.

I’m not in band, but i’m rather musically inclined. Our band is horrible :?
I am in Choir :wink:

Alto or Tenor?

Tenor/Bass. Mainly a Tenor

Whenever I sing, it’s usually tenor. First line F (on the treble clef) is about the middle of my range.

My voice has changed this summer so some notes are high… :lol:

Don’t get me wrong, I can sing pretty high, too. When I sing Take it to the Limit by the Eagles, I can almost hit those high notes that Randy Meisner sings (and he can sing really, really high).
I think I know of one other person here with a penchant for singing… :wink:

Haha! Your making me jealous! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pfft. The notes come out but aren’t nearly as clean as the rest of the song.
It sounds something like
“Take it to the limit (pleEEEEaseeEEe)”

Haha :wink:
Jared : Good job with state. Do you know of the Blue Knight? form Denver?
They came to Boise and where practicing here for 5 days… during the day…in summer…when it was 105+ :shock:

Ever sang Bennie and the Jets before?

Yeah, it’s up there, but I can sing it.
I think I have the highest singing (and playing) range here, unless Destin can hit higher. The highest I’ve heard him sing is in “Your Eyes”.

On another non-marching band related note, I can sing Fast Company by the Eagles, complete with Don Henley’s falsetto feature. :mrgreen: I don’t know of many songs that can showcase my lower register though.

I have a few friends auditioning for the Blue Knights actually. Those guys definitely go hard haha.

Our mellophone section leader was actually a member of Genesis.