Your School Schedule Rotation

This topic was inspired by some posts in the “Fire Drills 2014-2015” topic about what your schedule is like. I decided to make a separate topic about this, because everyone here has a very different schedule; some more interesting than others!

Here’s mine:

[attachment=0]schedule.png[/attachment]

Notice that we drop 2 periods a day, and that we don’t have any team meetings or anything. Lunch is during the forth period of the day, and depends on where you are in the building (Science has first lunch, English and History have second lunch, and everyone else has third lunch).

It’s pretty nice. What does everyone else have?

My high school has 8 50 minute periods, same for every day.

1st Period: 7:30-8:20
2nd Period: 8:25-9:20 (5 minutes longer than the rest)
3rd Period: 9:25-10:15
4th Period: 10:20-11:10
5th Period: 11:15-12:05
6th Period: 12:10-1:00
7th Period: 1:05-1:55
8th Period: 2:00-2:50

On Mondays we start an hour and 25 minutes late at 8:55, so the periods are shortened to 40 minutes, except for the lunch hours (4, 5, and 6). End of 8th period remains at 2:50 on these days.

6 50 minute periods everyday.

we had four 90 minute periods every day, one of them was potentially broken up by lunch (some students had lunch in before the period, some after, some during). then 4 different periods the next day and they simply rotated. didn’t spend half of school in the halls or getting settled into a class so we saved a lot of time, and never had the same class 2 days in a row so had plenty of time to get homework done even if you had sports or something in the evening. i think we had 10 minutes between each period too so there was plenty of time to do whatever and get to wherever.

i want to say we had a 7 hour school day but i really don’t remember anymore. been too long :smiley:

This is a scan of the schedule used by my high school. We typically had four periods per day and four courses per semester. During my senior year, I had one spare period for each semester.

[attachment=0]rsz_2scan0150.jpg[/attachment]

I’m now in my second year of university, so my current schedule is obviously quite different.

This is how my school handles the day. Late Start basically just pushes first period back fifteen minutes, and they are on the first Wednesday of the month.

Normal day:
Zero Hour 7:45-8:40
1st period 8:50-9:39
2nd period 9:45-10:35
3rd period 10:41-11:30
4th period 11:36-12:25
5th period 12:31-1:20
6th period 1:26-2:15
7th period 2:21 -3:10
8th period 3:16-4:05

Late Start:
Zero Hour 7:45-8:40
1st period 9:05-9:49
2nd period 9:55-10:40
3rd period 10:46-11:30
4th period 11:36-12:25
5th period 12:31-1:20
6th period 1:26-2:15
7th period 2:21-3:10
8th period 3:16-4:05

In college it works a bit differently… changes every semester. This is my current schedule.

Tuesday:
9:00 AM to 11:45 AM
7:00 PM to 9:45 PM

Wednesday:
4:00 PM to 6:45 PM

Thursday:
4:00 PM to 6:45 PM

Without ever being in a real college setting, I would think that you have pretty laid-back days. You don’t have class on Mondays or Fridays, and on Wednesdays and Thursdays you only have one evening class.

I’d imagine a full-time college student who lives on campus would have a more loaded schedule (but not all of your classes every day).

College is very different. Sometimes it may appear as though the schedule is lighter, but you often find your free time in between studying or possibly working. The actual in-class time can be less than high school, but its just…different. You generally choose your classes and your schedule, but keep in mind, the more you space it out and the longer it takes to get the degree, the more tuition you pay.

I’ve been out of high school for almost 6 years, so I may not be remembering this right, but I believe the schedule was like this:

Day 1: Day 2:

A Block G Block
B Block A Block
C Block B Block
D Block C Block
E Block (AKA “Long Block”) D Block (Long Block)
F Block E Block

So as far as I remember, it was a rotating schedule. Each day, we dropped a class and it was always whichever one was last the day before. The cycle repeated 14 times. Essentially it was 7, but the 14 is because whatever block students had a class like gym in, they would switch it with a class like health every other 7 day rotation…if that makes sense. Each period was about 52 minutes long, but the “long block” that occured every day was for lunch. The period would be about 2 hours long, with class time taking 1.5 hours and lunch being 30 minutes. It was a big school, over 2,000 kids, so depending on what class you had, you would get first, second, third, or fourth lunch.

I already explained this in the Fire Drills thread, but here are the schedules that my school uses:

Guys. I don’t like the looks of this. Some of us have made it quite obvious where we go to school. With Sandy Hook, Aurora CO, i don’t think we should post our schedules. It would make it a lot eaissier for someone to do a bad thing…
*That is just my honest opinion

This has got to be the most stupid thing I’ve ever read.

Yup.

Doesn’t really matter. It’s just time slots, nobody has listed specific classrooms or classes. I was, along with several others, a “target” in a shooting plot that was broken up in mid-October of this year. Scary stuff. Stemmed all the way back to an event last year. So, most of those tragedies happen to people near each other with some negative relationship, not some random freak online looking at schedules of people on forums. The more important concern is not divulging information specific to you or your location.

Did you hear that, Brandon Ragsdale?

:lol:

I understand that there are security/privacy concerns that go along with associating school-specific information with particular users since many of us are minors, but I don’t think we need to worry about any type of attack happening as a result. I’ve indicated where I currently attend high school multiple times by posting videos of my school’s marching band, mentioning its location, and so forth, and I feel safe releasing that information for a few reasons. First is that it doesn’t directly reveal to other users where I live. Sure, it might narrow my exact location down, but it still gives no definitive whereabouts as to where it exactly is. Next, as other users have said, the chances of a person seeing your personal information on this forum and tracking you down solely based on what they see here or what you might put on other websites is very slim. Although some people tragically do get stalked as a result of their online activity, those people are definitely the minority. I’m not saying that it can’t happen, it’s just that the chances of it happening are pretty low as long as you’re careful about the info you share online. And finally, since my school is located on the Air Force Academy, it would be a bit difficult for an unauthorized person to follow me to school and track me down. :wink:

So what I’m basically saying is that as long as everybody exercises caution in what personal information they reveal, we should be able to leave how much information about themselves a user wants to disclose to their discretion. Furthermore, if any of the mods/admins feels like a user has revealed too much info about themselves, we will act then.

Sure there was the Chuck E Cheese incident in 1993, the 2012 theater shooting, etc. but I have never heard of a school shooting in Aurora. When was this?

Here is my former high schools schedule. Unlike most high schools, ours start early and end early.

Warning bell: 7:50
1st Period: 8-9:20
2nd Period: 9:25-10:40
3/4 Period: 10:45-12:00 (1st Lunch 10:40-11:25)
4/5 Period: 11:30-12:45 (2nd lunch 12:00-12:45)
6 Period: 12:50-2:05
Buses Depart: 2:20 (our school is located on the outskirts of the city, so everyone is bussed)

The only difference today, is that the school got rid of a period. Period 3 is now 10:45-12:00, and period 4 is now 11:30-12:45. It was just to get rid of the 30 minute 4th period.

My colleges schedule was basically all over the place. But the college did classes from 7am-10pm, and classes are usually in 1 hour intervals.

You call 7:50 early? Our school starts at 7:15 and ends at 1:45.