Musical Instruments

Howdy.
I know quite a few people here play a musical instrument, so why not show off our instruments?
I own two trumpets, a cornet, an acoustic guitar, and an electric guitar. I can’t snap photos of them now, but I’ll share the model number and picture from each manufacturer’s website, if I can.
Trumpets:
Yamaha YTR-200AD Student Trumpet
This horn, while not my first (that one got stolen, but it was an older, similar model), is my choice for marching and practicing.

Yamaha YTR-4335GS Intermediate Trumpet
This is what I call my “good horn”. While it’s technically an “Intermediate” model, geared toward advancing players, I’ve found that many pros consider it a great model for practicing and performing. Pictured is a YTR-4335GII, a more recent model, but they’re essentially the same horn.

Cornets:
Vintage King 602 Cornet
I got this sucker from an antique show for $35. It plays great, but for some reason the tuning slide will not budge, making it perpetually sharp. The lacquer on mine is worn, giving it a nice, vintage look. I plan to take it to a shop to get the slide fixed.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they all have names given to them by me. The YTR-200AD is named Malon, the YTR-4335GS is named Zelda, and the King 602 is named Saria. :smiley:

Guitars:
Fender Squier Stratocaster
Despite being Fender’s in-house knock-off of the Stratocaster, this thing is great. One minor complaint is that it came with fairly cheap strings that don’t hold their tuning well. It has standard pickups, no fancy humbuckers. The one pictured is the same design as mine. I love sunburst.

Fender CD-60CE Dreadnaught
This is my acoustic-electric guitar. It’s got a cutaway (which I like) and a nice pickup. Did I mention I love sunburst?

So what instruments do y’all have?

For my trombone, I use a Yamaha YSL-548GOAL Medium-Bore Tenor Trombone with F-Attachment.

I used to have a King 606 Tenor Trombone, but traded it in when I purchased the previous instrument.

For marching band, I used a Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (although it is property of the school, I’m including it on my list anyway).

I also have a Yamaha Clavinova (CLP) Piano. I’m not sure of the exact model of this, but it’s visually similar to the one in the picture.

Here’s mine:

It’s a euphonium, but I removed the fourth valve, so right now, it’s a baritone horn. I played it a few years back, but haven’t been in band since.
I also dabbled in guitar last year, but don’t remember many of the skills.

Actually, it doesn’t matter how many valves it has - if it’s a conical bore, it’s a euphonium. If it’s cylindrical bore, it’s a baritone horn. I’ve played on (but don’t own) four-valved baritone horns and three-valved euphoniums.

My dad’s bass trombone is more or less an Edwards bell (you read that right, Edwards, but not the FA company) with a Bach slide.

Our school rents out YSL-882GO bones.

They’re used for pretty much everything, except for jazz, because half the bone section have their own peashooters. One of them has a YSL-200AD (I think) with the counterweight removed, one has a Getzen 351, and one has a Bach TB-301.
Our bass bones are Yamaha YBL-620Gs.

If all goes well this summer, I might have me a nice YFL-631G.

High up on my wish list is the dreamy YTR-8335.

I took pictures of my instruments, so here you go.

Zelda

Malon

Saria

CD-60CE

Squier Stratocaster

I don’t have any pictures, but here are the trombones I own:

Bach Stradivarius 42 (F-attachment, new)
Boosey and Hawkes Regent (Tenor, really old)

That’s it.

TFP could start a jazz band! :mrgreen:

We used to march with Yamaha YBH-301Ms (lacquer finish, not silver plated) but now we march King 625s. Our director prefers curved bell baritones to marching baritones.

If there’s anything I’m as crazy about as fire alarms, it’s musical gear. There’s too much to show all of it, but here is my main equipment:

Drums:
I use a variety of snares (mainly my Pork Pie Big Black and Ludwig Acrolite) and cymbals (mostly Paiste Signature/2002 and some Sabian AAX).

1990 Yamaha Rock Tour Custom (I also have 8", 10", and 14" toms not in the photo)

1978 Yamaha 9000 Recording Custom (also a 13" tom that’s not in the picture)

Guitars:

Electrics from left to right: 1986 Fender Contemporary Telecaster (heavily modded), 1987 Fender Telecaster, Epiphone Les Paul Deluxe, 1966 Harmony Rocket, a Jazzmaster that I built from various parts, and a Gretsch Electromatic G5420T.

Acoustics from left to right: 1964 Guild M20, Ovation Balladeer 12-string, Taylor 114ce, and a Taylor 110e.

My guitar rig: a Behringer MDX2000 compressor, Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp, Rocktron Patchmate loop switcher, Eventide PitchFactor, Eventide Space, Strymon TimeLine, and BOSS RCE-10 Chorus Ensemble controlled by a Rocktron MIDI Mate.

My “B rig” pedalboard

Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 Amp

Keyboards:

Korg N1 88-key, MicroKorg, and a Korg MS-20 analog synth.

Recording Studio:

I run ProTools LE 8, Logic Pro X, Propellerheads Reason, and Maschine with a Digi 002 console.

My outboard rack: Furman power conditioner, M-Audio Octane 8-channel preamp, ART Pro MPA tube preamp, DBX 266xl compressor, Roland DEP-5, Joemeek OneQ Channel Strip, Behringer headphone amp, and a patch bay.

Damn Destin! :shock: :wink:

Alright, it’s official. TFP needs to do some sort of jazz collab. Perhaps a classic like The Mooche or Salt Peanuts? Do we have any sax or clarinet players here?

Andrew could play the floppy disk drive. :lol:

Clarinets? What is this, Billy Joel?

Here’s my mix-and-match drum setup. Generally when I want to play everything I stand up, but if I want to focus more on my SPD-30, I have a stool I use. Of course, you’ve seen some of this if you’re a YT subscriber.

I’ve kind of played instruments a very long time (12 years) since I could toddle. I have several guitars, but no pics yet. I have a 2010 Great Divide acoustic, a Fender MA-1 Acoustic, a Fender Starcaster Rock Band Edition, an Austin Mini guitar, a Martin Traveler guitar, a Decca Acoustic, a Fender left handed acoustic that belonged to my late father, a Squire Electic guitar, and an Ibanez 12 string. I also have a King Professional trumpet, a clarinet, a vintage cornet, a mandolin, and a Casio keyboard. I also have an Estaban amplifier, a Marshall Acoustic Amplifier, a Fender Pocket Amplifier (it literally can fit in a pocket, it runs off a 9 volt battery), a Digitech pedal, and many more things.

I was listening to Buddy Merrill play on a Fender steel guitar, and he sounded amazing on it. Does anyone own a steel, pedal steel, or resonator guitar?

I have a Galveston acoustic/electric resonator. The neck action is pretty high which is great for playing slide, kind of like a dobro. Sorry, this is the only photo I have of it.

Whoa! The brass resonator looks amazing on it! I wondered if you had one, I think the album cover for Head Down had you posing under a tree with one. How does it sound?

I don’t know if any of you still play Pokemon, but I was playing Black 2 and I noticed that Roxie’s bass looks amazing. At first I thought it was some sort of really souped-up Rickenbacker from the headstock, but I took a closer look at it and it says something along the lines of “Venoshock”, as in the move. It looks as if it’s based off of the Pokemon Venipede. She’s apparently a lefty, since she’s using her right hand to fret and the left hand to finger. It looks like it’s seen better days.