May i skype wiyth you new age serverq

Hello my name is Daniel and i have always wanted to talk to a fire alarm technician over Skype but i never got the chance if you could new age server can you please add me on Skype my Skype name is oakbranch.smith and i am 13

I think Andrew is very selective about who he adds on Skype. He doesn’t know you so I don’t think hes going to add a random person on Skype.

Also a friendly reminder: Creating two threads minutes after each other is not necessary, It just clogs up the form.

Hey, I thought I was the backseat moderator around here!

Aw, it’s not me? :wink:

I get tired of all the “backseat moderating” accusations honestly. If you have something to say to give someone advice, why should it only be limited to moderators to say it? I understand certain things, like determining specific rule violations and giving warnings to people, should be reserved for them, but friendly common-sense reminders should be open to anyone.

Well said.

Sorry.

My apologies if you took that the wrong way, I didn’t mean that against you Big Green. I meant it as a general statement, meaning so that people who give certain advice about what is “OK” or not wouldn’t get labeled as or penalized for being a “backseat moderator.”

Alright, so I do agree that regular users should not feel discouraged from giving advice to each other, but when it’s advice that is about something to do with the management of the forum, posting, or relating to one of the rules, then it should be saved for a moderator.

After all, nobody likes to be told by someone what to do when that person doesn’t have any more authority then they do, which is the whole reason behind having specific moderators to control content. Since I know a lot of users on this website are still in school (myself included), how would you feel if one of your classmates lectured you over doing something like not turning in homework?

Let’s take this for example:

Since this statement directly relates to one of the board rules (P10. Please do not post excessively, this floods the forum and causes headaches for some users), the judgment of whether or not this user was posting excessively should have been left up to a moderator as what the moderation team defines as excessive posting might be different than one user’s definition.

If you do feel as though a user is violating a rule, the best thing for you to do is use the report button, which is the exclamation mark which is located at the bottom right of each post. That way, we will have the opportunity to review the post and properly act on it if necessary.

I was just giving a friendly reminder so you didn’t have to yell at him green. :lol:

Do I really yell at people that much? I can take a hiatus from the forums if I’m getting on everyone’s nerves.

Why is this turning into a bitch session?

Sounds to me like ccs46 was joking.

But you’re absolutely right, no need for all this pointless drama.