Changing back to the old site skin Poll

Should we change the forums skin back to the original?

• Yes! (This one looks too bland or Your having trouble with the new site. etc.)
  • No! (I like it the way it is! etc.)
  • I really don’t care for ether… (I don’t like ether of them)
  • No preference. (They are both fine)
0 voters

Is there anyone else here who wants this changed back to the old site.
I’m having trouble finding things where they usually are. Some links aren’t showing up, and it looks too bland compared to the old site. Some text is red so it can’t be seen against the Simplex Red backround.

Here is a poll to vote about it.

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance. Everything will be back to normal once it is done.
phpBB had to be updated, and the odd textures are all temporary.

Happy, Big Green?

What are you talking about?

Well anyways, at least you people have a nice theme to view. I have this:

[attachment=0]TFP.JPG[/attachment]

Maybe I should upgrade my setup!

(For once, I’m not being sarcastic. I actually use Netscape on my XP machine.)

Unlocked the topic for you.

Mm, Netscape!
Okay, back on topic…

The topic shouldn’t have been locked in the first place. :wink:

The problem here is that the old themes apparently no longer work on this new version of phpbb. The person doing the updates was supposed to have finished fixing the theme a week ago but it never got finished.

I’m working on trying to get this done.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not a problem. Just a little straining on the eyes… :mrgreen:

I would just like to urge the Admins and Website Staff to complete the maintenance work quickly. DFA’s downfall was partly caused by it being a continuous construction zone for the last few months and caused a lot of users to ignore the site or leave. I don’t think anyone wants that to happen here.

Just curious if any progress is being made on restoring the forums to normal.

It seems like we have been stepping around little bugs and glitches for a while now.

Is it just me, or is the forum becoming very slow at loading pages? I’m getting some nginx-related 504 gateway errors as well.

No, it is not just you. TFP is running at a crawl. Lots of Gateway Errors for me too.

From Andrew:

[quote] Unfortunately, the server which hosts The Fire Panel Forums is acting incredibly slow right now, the cause is being investigated. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it can be resolved as soon as possible before too many users get annoyed.

Thank you for your cooperation.
[/quote]

Maybe another piece of the puzzle. While I spent over 30 minutes making a post, I received the database error below several times.

General Error
You are not allowed to access this file.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: forums@thefirepanel.com

I’ve only been getting a lot of ‘504 gateway time out’ errors.

If anything is going to drive people away, it’s this new 504 crap. The appearance of the forum is far less frustrating than not being able to even USE THE FORUM at all.

Please fix it soon, before everyone gives up. Thank you.