Whatever happened to "twoplyboy" on YouTube?

Talk about anything in this section.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

I was going to watch one of his older bell test videos, but when I looked at his channel, all of his videos were apparently gone. The worst part about this is that I haven't seen his bell test video from March 2015 (because at around that time, college had a higher priority to me than watching videos). I am disheartened by this.

Any idea why he deleted* all his videos? I'm sure there's a good reason, but I personally don't like it when something like this happens without warning.

*Sidenote: I am almost certain that all the videos posted to his channel because I had email notifications enabled at the time when the March 2015 test video was posted. I clicked on the "View video" button (since I use Gmail) and it said that the video is unavailable.
NOTIFIERgeek
New Participant
New Participant
YouTube Username: Dylan D Fire Alarm

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:24 am

I was wondering the same thing. I went on his channel today and his videos are gone...It really bothers me because I enjoyed watching his videos, because he made long and interesting test videos. Let me know if you guys find anything about about him! :)
Firealarm251
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: firealarm251

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:06 am

Sorry for major bump, I just wanted to give some closure if anyone was still wondering. Twoplyboy has one video up as of about a month ago, and someone asked him in the comments why he deleted all the videos. He basically said that some of the building owners didn't like that their buildings were on YouTube, and he decided to delete all of his test videos to avoid any legal issues with building owners. It's unfortunate that this happened, but it's for the best I guess.
Am I the only one who think Spectralert Advances should be eliminated from this planet?
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Firealarm251 wrote:Twoplyboy has one video up as of about a month ago, and someone asked him in the comments why he deleted all the videos. He basically said that some of the building owners didn't like that their buildings were on YouTube, and he decided to delete all of his test videos to avoid any legal issues with building owners.
Actually, I've heard some people claim that some, if not all of his videos were set to private rather than deleting them.
Firealarm251
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: firealarm251

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:28 pm

frankalarms39 wrote:Actually, I've heard some people claim that some, if not all of his videos were set to private rather than deleting them.
That could be possible. All he stated in the comment was that he "had to pull them down." I guess it's open to interpretation.
Am I the only one who think Spectralert Advances should be eliminated from this planet?
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Firealarm251 wrote:
frankalarms39 wrote:Actually, I've heard some people claim that some, if not all of his videos were set to private rather than deleting them.
That could be possible. All he stated in the comment was that he "had to pull them down." I guess it's open to interpretation.
I'm pretty sure they're gone. Take a look at his view count, only 872 views. That covers the one video he still has posted. Even if private or unlisted, the views from the rest of the videos would still show up in the total view count.

It's a shame, I always enjoyed his videos.
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
ConorTheFAguy6
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: CJ9899

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm

I apologize for the MAJOR bump, but as of 2018, twoplyboy made about 1/4 of his videos viewable again, and it turns out that he did private them, because privating your videos will still take views off of your channel, and there’s a playlist with all the tests, and it shows one’s that are non-viewable as private. The videos are ones that do not show the entire building or are legal to video in.
Life is like a free box of fire alarm parts, you never know what you are going to get
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 pm

So the videos that are private you can only view if you are friends with him or something like that?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 am

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 pm
So the videos that are private you can only view if you are friends with him or something like that?
Nope. When a video is set to private no one except the owner of said video can see it.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Damn it. I was really hoping to see the video of the 4051s again.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
RJARRRPCGP
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: RJARRRPCGP

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 am

I think many, if not most of the twoplyboy videos, are back!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Yeah they are but some which I really like including the elementary school with the flush-mount 4051s aren't up and most likely will never be put back up.