An update

Howdy y’all.
Y’all may have noticed that I haven’t been nearly as active as of late, and that’s because I’ve been getting ready for college. I’m now a member of the Oklahoma State University class of 2019 (Go Pokes!) majoring in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology, with a tentative minor in music.
I’ll still be around on TFP when the fall semester starts, but like many of my fellow college students, will be hard-pressed to find time to be very active.
I’d like to thank all of you for being supportive of me as a collector. I’ve amassed a small collection of maybe fifteen devices (still no panel), which will likely never grow or shrink.
I’d like to give a special shoutout to Destin, whose music (especially Up From The Bottom) got me through high school and helped spark my interest in songwriting. I now have a song in the works, but I only have the meter and chord progression down as of now. Thank you so very much for giving your time and wise advice to this community, and for that I am ever grateful.
Thank you Andrew, for running a community literally out of your basement for about two and a half years now. It’s given me a place where I can feel welcome with my oddball interest-turned-dream and has been one of my most visited boards since 2013 when I joined.
Lastly, thank you to everyone on TFP for putting up with me and being friendly to me for the past couple of years. Y’all are awesome, for lack of a better phrase that can come to me at midnight as I write this.
This is no farewell speech, rest assured, but be prepared to see less of me in the near future.
Thank you, and I wish you peace.

See if you can major in electrical engineering with a focus on fire protection instead. Or at least make sure you can get a PE with whatever degree you’re getting, if you ever want to sign and seal drawings for construction.

Best of luck at OSU! I’m thrilled to hear that my music has inspired you, and look forward to hearing your songwriting.