Having trouble selling things on eBay

Alright, I’m pretty pissed off right now.

It seems all the time eBay will end one of my items without explanation. Then several hours later I will get another message saying that it was ended in error and I had not violated any of the selling practices. Never once has it been legitimate. Yet, I am still automatically barred from relisting the item, which just wastes my time by having to recreate the listing. This has occurred 4 or 5 times now.

Unfortunately, last time this happened, my Community question on eBay regarding this problem received no responses.

Has anybody who uses eBay to sell ever experienced something like this?

Definitely sounds odd, I’ve listed hundreds, if not thousands, of items on eBay and have never had this problem with any of my listings. Maybe create a temporary new eBay account and see if the issue occurs when you list from a separate account?

I’ll try that. There isn’t anything in the Terms about having multiple accounts being prohibited, is there?

One of the things I’ve considered is that there may be a troll reporting my listings for ‘fun’. This would definitely fix that issue, if its the case.

Did a quick search on the issue, looks like it is allowed: Security Measure

It would have to be a targeted attack against you specifically if it was trolls reporting your listings, I don’t believe I’ve ever had anything reported, but I’m pretty sure you would be informed if one of your listings was removed due to a report.

The emails don’t even indicate what the problem is at all- whether it was a report, selling practices violation, etc. They just seem like a template form that wasn’t filled out.

When the removed listings pages are visited, they say that “You ended this listing because” with a long blank space after it. When viewed from outside of the account, they say “This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.” No indication that eBay took action at all.

The whole thing just makes me uneasy. Especially on a website that deals with money, and has a partner website with access to credit cards and bank accounts.