Green dot stickers on Pull stations, Smokes and Light switches

Anyone here know why Pull stations some Smoke detectors and a lot of light switches in public buildings have a paper green dot sticker on them? Is it to verify it has been tested? At my old school (Classic 4100 system) the system was addressable, so they could see the history of each device tested right?

Interesting. Haven’t noticed such over in my area.

Some companies will mark every device with a little sticker and put the date tested on it. I noticed it being done by one local company years ago but rarely see it today. Personally, I really don’t see the point as long as each device has an ID number on it and you are keeping a record of each device tested. I know there are a lot of places going to a barcode verification system but I’ve never used one.

Some technicians use colored paper dots or electrical tape to mark inoperable devices so they are easy to locate by the technician who has to replace it later, but only if the customer does not want it replaced on the same day as the inspection or a spare device is not available.

Here in my area, I’ve seen tons of devices with barcodes on them.

EST devices have bar codes. They have an oddball addressing system.

Yeah, I’ve noticed. I’ve seen an EST 2 system before in a school that had bar codes on everything. It was a mixture of alarms too, Some Integrities, Some Wheelock 34-24s, Simplex T-Bars & 270-SPOs. I’ve also seen some Simplex systems with bar codes as well.