Guitar Strings

For those of y’all that play guitar, what strings do you use?
I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom slinkies on my Strat, and the stock strings on my acoustic and mandolin (but I plan to buy Ernie Ball replacements before too long; the old ones don’t hold their tune nearly as well, especially the mandolin.)
And which strings would you recommend in order to get a rich, thick tone on an acoustic?

For electrics, I typically use D’Addario XL nickel 10 or 11 gauge, and for acoustics, I use D’Addario Phosphor Bronze 12 gauge. However, I recently bought a Suhr Classic Pro that came with D’Addario’s NYXL 10’s, and I’m liking them a lot. They hold up well to heavy bending and have a sweet upper-midrange.

I typically break in new acoustic guitar strings for a few days before recording or playing live. I personally find brand new strings to be too bright, but the “sweet spot” comes after they’ve been worn in a little. After they become dull with a few weeks of playing, I change them. If you use coated strings such as Elixirs, they will last a few months before going dead. In my opinion, a thicker richer acoustic tone has less to do with strings and more to do with thicker picks and the right technique, but thicker gauge strings will give you more focused lower frequencies and a stiffer, “woodier” feel.

I Googled the Suhr Classic Pro - damn, those things are more expensive than the actual Fender models!
I suppose it would be foolish to only stick to one brand of strings, so I may have to try the D’Addarios or Elixers. Ernie Ball has treated me well so far, though!

Update: bought Ernie Ball Earthwood 80/20 bronze alloy Medium strings for my acoustic and D’Addario Phosphor Bronze EJ74 medium gauge for my mandolin. I’ll wait 'till I go back to San Antonio to restring my instruments, however.