Does the Kmart in your area (if there is one) say Big Kmart?

They just recently took the Big part off of where it says Kmart in the front of my Kmart. It now just says Kmart. They left the Big Kmart on the street sign however. So now strangely it says Big Kmart on the street sign, but not the building where it just says Kmart.

Maybe they’re downsizing the store? Sears/Kmart (Sears owns Kmart) haven’t been doing that great for a while now.
There aren’t any Kmarts around my area so I couldn’t tell you about my area.

There hasn’t been a Kmart in San Antonio for years. There are a couple of Sears stores, but they’re quickly being outdone by other stores.

There are still Sears and Kmarts stores around here, but I don’t go to them often, so I couldn’t tell you what the signs have on them.

There are still some Kmart and Sears Stores near me. I know Big Kmart’s exist, however i have never been to one.

Oddly enough, it’s the other way around, Kmart owns Sears.

We had a Kmart that converted to a Big Kmart then shut down like 6 months later. I just checked google maps for Kmart’s in my area, Google actually lists all the old closed ones as “KMART CLOSED”, which is the majority of them. Despite these stores always being around me, I think I’ve been in one maybe twice in my entire life…

Livonia does have one remaining Kmart store that still uses the “Big Kmart” signage, but it hasn’t been updated since the 1990s. Other locations I can think of include the original Garden City store along with a store in Plymouth Township.

A location in Westland previously had a “Big Kmart” sign, but at some point between now and 2011, the “BIG” lettering and yellow style mark were both removed, leaving only the 1990s Kmart logo intact.

I think the Kmart around here might be getting rid of its electronics section. It seems to just keep getting smaller and smaller. They removed the electronics register about a year ago.

There is one really old Big K near my house, that is surprisingly open (whenever I go shop there, I literally see only a few cars in the parking lot). They recently closed a Big K in a city near me also.

The store in Livonia is branded as a Big Kmart, still with its signage from the 1990s. Other locations I know of using this branding include the original Garden City store, Plymouth Township, and Farmington Hills (closing). The Westland store used to have this branding also, but at some point, the “BIG” signage was removed whilst the 1990s-era “K” remains intact.