what's new with 7002T (me)

I know I’ve been back for a few months now, but I figured I’d at least give an update on what I’ve been up to since I took my extended break.

I moved out of my old apartment (with the MA/SS’ set to slow whoop and PA400Rs) in 06, and after a brief stay with my parents, moved into my current apartment in 07. Shortly before moving I was hired as an overnight cashier at Price Chopper supermarket (my 9th year starts at the end of the month). My Godmother who was storing my alarms and large sirens sold her house in 08, so they’re all back with me. The Lifesaver 1245 smoke alarms original to the house were replaced shortly before the house went on the market, I was only able to save 2 covers despite getting the OK to snag a whole unit (long story on that :roll: )

Last July after 15 years together me and my other 1/2 finally got married. She still is less than thrilled with my noise makers.

As for the noise makers: my alarm collection has ballooned to well over 100 (I’ll have to count them).

I’ve added on 3 more large sirens: a Federal Model 5T, a single phase Federal 3T22, a single toned Federal Model 2-220 and 5 small sirens: a Federal L-110, a Federal A-5, a Sterling F326, a Benjamin 8195 (Federal Model A relabel), and coming tomorrow a Federal B9.

I’ve also added on 11 locomotive horns, all working and extremely loud.

You all know about the smoke alarms.

I still birdwatch, in fact added some rarities to my list, and have gotten back into photography and railfanning (aka watching trains).

I think that about covers it.

Tell us the long story! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened was, I asked my godmother and uncle if I could have at least one of them, they said yes and even said I could help in the replacement. Well one of my cousins decided he was going to replace them because he “knew what he was doing and I didn’t”. When my godmother mentioned to save one of them for me, he just laughed tossed all of them right into the trash and hauled them to the dump because he’s a major a-hole (both my godmother and uncle were furious about that). But their current condo also has 1245s, so I’m in the process of convincing them to replace them, even offering to buy and install the replacements (without my cousin interfering).

I’m not dead. I forgot my log in password and was locked out, but I finally managed to get back in just now. I’ve been very busy since my last log in mainly babysitting my 2 adorable nieces (5 and 3) and working my new job. After nearly 10 years, I resigned from Price Chopper in April, and an now working at the Cumberland Farms in Stafford CT (older building, old blue white and orange signage, no fire system) which is right in front of the New England Central Railroad Palmer MA-Willimantic CT line. I of course have some new additions which I’ll talk about more in their respective sections.

I promise I’ll be more active on the board now