What ever happened to our theme from when the forum first started?

It looked a lot nicer than the default phpBB theme did…

Are you talking about the Schumin Web days, or when it became the Fire Panel? This has been discussed before, and Destin is working on it.

The Fire Panel. I’m glad to hear that it is being worked on. As for Destin, I am aware phpBB can be a bit of a naughty word to write CSS for. Been there, done that.

Yep, I’m working on it. I wanted to make it happen sooner, but I had to wait until the end of the semester to get enough free time. On the heels of the database crash, it’s a big priority for us to make the forum the best it can be. So expect a new theme soon, as well as a new logo and other possible changes. :wink:

We lost the old red theme because we updated to a newer version of phpBB, and that theme was incompatible. Someone began working on a new one, but it was never finished and we reverted to the default theme in the meantime.

I see! Interesting, I’m excited to see it! But hey, I totally understand balancing this and school work. A new logo would be super cool to see! I assume the crash was a pain. My server crashed on me and I lost everything. I had no backup, and it was a failed hard disk. Data was gone. I learned from that mistake though! :wink:

Could we see some ideas of what your working on? Maybe a prototype of the new forum logo?

Yeah, I think returning to red would be quite appropriate for the (main) purpose of the forum.

Maybe a (generic) Simplex 4007ES with a forum page on the display would be a cool logo.