Goodbye, just for a bit...

When I joined the fire alarm community in 2008 at the age of 10, I never imagined myself having an established YouTube channel with hundreds of videos and the thousands of subscribers that I do now. I never saw myself amassing a collection of several hundred devices and building online services that scores of industry professionals use on a daily basis. An interest in fire alarms has helped me develop my skill-sets in other areas such as technology and business. I’d like to thank all of the members of this community who have watched my videos, patronized my businesses, and became friends.

Starting next week, I have accepted a full-time two year mission call for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will be serving this mission in Málaga, Spain from May 2016 through May 2018. During the duration of this mission, I will not be able to be an active member of this community. As such, I must resign from my moderator position on The Fire Panel forum. I look forwards to being a participant again upon my return.

For my YouTube channel, I have created six new videos that will be automatically released over the next two years. Five New system tests will be released on June 20 and December 20 of 2016, 2017, and 2018. One “bonus” video, which is really just a continuation of an already published video, will be uploaded on a random day during my absence.

As for my other online services, here is where they stand:

• FireAlarmResources.com, the internet’s largest provider of free fire alarm system documentation, will stay online. However, no new content will be added to the website.
  • FireAlarmStore.com will suspend all operations during this time. For any order inquires, please message us through our eBay account, ddjcjj.
  • Our URL shortener, bitty, will stay online. I will be crossing my fingers that the spam stays to a minimum.
  • All of our other services, such as website design and management, will be suspended. We have worked with our clients to resolve any issues created by my absence

Upon my return in May 2018, I plan on restarting and revamping all of those services and rejoining the fire alarm community as an active member once more.

For more information about my mission and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, check my personal website, JaredStark.us

Thank you all again, and I hope that you enjoy the new content coming your way over the next two years.

Best of luck to you in Spain, Jared. A good friend of mine is on his mission right now and from what I’ve heard, he loves it.
And from what I’ve heard about Spain, you’ll love it.
I normally don’t invoke religious vocabulary, but I will here: may God be with you on your journey, and Godspeed.

It’s a Shame your not going to Madrid, they have one of the oldest restaurants in the world there! Anyway, Godspeed and we look forward to your return here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck on your mission trip to Spain! We will definitely miss you here on the forum, don’t get me wrong. However, I look forward to the videos that will automatically be published over the next two years!

I’m pretty sure Spain has the internet, best of luck though and if you can get away from the mission work and site see try to see as much of europe as you can.

Congratulations on your mission opportunity and I hope you enjoy Spain! You’re always welcome back at TFP when you return.

Best of luck on your mission! Talk to you in 2 years… lol

OH AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! :smiley:

We wish you all the best and hope your mission overseas is a memorable one. I’ve had a friend visit Spain before, and she absolutely loved spending her time there.

From what I understand, Chris, the whole point of a mission is to spread the word of God - it’s not a vacation trip. I don’t even think phones or cameras are allowed. At least, not according to one of my fellow LDS friends, who’s on his mission now. Haven’t heard a thing from him since he left.

Ah. :oops:

Cameras are allowed and we do get to do a bit of sightseeing, but Robert is right about where our focus needs to be. Anyway, thank you all again!