I Went to Garrison Keillor’s Second to Last Show Last Night

I knew that my family was taking me to see A Prairie Home Companion, but I didn’t know that it was the second to last show. The show was at Koussevitzky Music Shed at Tanglewood; and had many classics like “Guy Noir: Private Eye”, “The News from Lake Wobegon”, the “Powdermilk Biscuit Break”, and “Mom”. The special guests were The DiGiallonardo Sisters and Heather Masse.

Overall, it was pretty fun. It’s kind of sad to hear that a radio show that has been going on for 42 years is soon going to be over. Even though I won’t be there, and it won’t be the same a being there in person, I will be sure to watch the live stream of the last show.

Yes, radio is changing. I heard most of that PHC show in rerun on Sunday morning. I got it in pieces hopping from one station to another while traveling.

I was returning home from Madison, WI after attending the last Whad 'ya Know radio show. I have listened for years and got more involved when the show got on U-stream with the Jim Cam. I joined the WYK chat group and several of us from that group have met to attend several shows, including the last radio show.

Garrison is retiring voluntarily but WYK is ending because Wisconsin Public Radio pulled the plug on production after 31 years. Michael Feldman is not ready to retire and WYK 2.0 is coming. Michael started a Kickstarter campaign to raise startup money to keep the show going as a podcast. Now the funds have increased enough to include a live radiocast.

I do think that you can listen to the whole show at prairiehome.org under the corresponding site.