Goodbye! (no, not permanently!)

As you may have noticed, I haven’t been very active on the forum lately. I’ve got a lot of great things happening in my life that are requiring most of my time these days. I’m close to finishing my BS in psychology. I’m also close to finishing an album that I’ve been recording for the past year. And, I’m in the beginning stages of starting a real estate investment business. It’s safe to say that I’m not the same person I was when I first got into fire alarms, and I’m excited to be shifting my focus to what the future holds.

So, as hard as this is to say, it’s time for me to move on from TFP. I’ll be retiring as an administrator, but you’ll still see me here occasionally.

Thank you to everyone who has made this community a great place, and I’ve really enjoyed looking after the forum for you all. I’m confident that the other staff members will keep TFP going into the future, as many before have done since its beginnings in the early 2000’s. Until next time! :wink:

Best of luck on your future endeavors. You have contributed a large amount of useful information to this forum over the years, and will be greatly missed.

It’s a shame to see you leave your position as an administrator, but it sounds like you have a lot of exciting things going on in your life. As The Big Green said, we’ll definitely miss you. Your posts were always extremely insightful and extraordinarily well written, while the contributions you’ve made in terms of resources and media are perhaps unequaled in the realm of fire alarm enthusiasts.

Also, I had no idea you were studying psychology! I’m about to enter the final year of my BA in psychology. I wish you the best of success with your degree (and of course your other projects)!

Best of Luck Destin! You definitely are one of the reasons I got into Fire Alarms. You will be missed. (PS: We need to do a 21 Horn Salute as a send off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godspeed, Destin. I’ll be looking forward to hearing that album of yours soon. And I always thought you were working on a BA in music… funny how life works.