would you want to wash your dirty dishes in the same machine that you wash your dirty clothes in?

would you want to wash your dirty dishes in the same machine that you wash your dirty clothes in? i wouldn’t

Bring Back the Thor Automagic, the 1940s Hybrid Clothes/Dishwasher | Mental Floss … dishwasher

this person fantasizes about being able to wash dishes and clothes in the same machine, even fantasizing about washing the clothes with the dishes in the same load.

[quote] In a just world, I would be able to clean my pants in a dishwasher. Despite the incredible technological advancements we've made in the past century, this still isn't possible. I can check my email in an airplane flying 35,000 feet over the ocean, but if want to throw a pair of khakis in with wine glasses after dinner I'm asking for too much all of a sudden.

When I brought up this idea to friends and co-workers, many expressed concern over dirty clothes contaminating dinnerware. Why? The desired end-result for both my laundry and my dirty dishes is the same: get clean. And as the old saying goes, “clean is clean” (that is not an old saying but let’s keep moving here). Either way, were I to throw my pants in a consumer-grade dishwasher, they wouldn’t come out clean as desired. Hard, slick materials like plates and glasses only require a spray and rinse, whereas soft fabrics need to soak and be agitated in order to remove the absorbed and ingrained grime. The two tasks also call for different types of detergents. Alas, my problem persists.

Wouldn’t it be great if you only needed one machine? I’m not the first person to have thought this, for we all stand on the shoulders of giants.
[/quote]

I’m fairly certain this is satire…

Agreed.

I second that.