curved televisions

i’ve seen them for sale recently in stores like sears and best buy. what advantages are they supposed to have?

Less Glare, More Vibrant Colors, Better Viewing Angles, fits better into corners of rooms… :roll:

Perhaps getting the company more revenue… :smiley: haha.

No thanks, I’ll just stick to my $1.00 CRT TV from Savers. Works great.

By the way, does anyone else here use a VCR on a regular basis?

Mhm… is that CRT hooked up to your Atari 800? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not now. That thing is in storage because it is pointless.

I still have a DVD/VCR combo. I’ll safely say that I use my TV provider’s on-demand feature more than I use DVDs, and even then the only times I typically use VHS anymore is to watch old movies (although most of them can probably be free on-demand anyways). So, I really don’t use a VCR on a regular basis. Although I know plenty of schools (more elementary) still use VCRs to watch movies in class; at least they did when I was in elementary school some 5-10 years ago or so. Now at my HS we use DVDs or occasionally the teachers will stream them from their computers…all of them use the projector to put the movie onto the Smart Board; no more giant televisions on carts with VCRs and learning with the overheads and transparencies!

I still have a couple of old Evinrude/Johnson outboard motor training tapes on VHS (plus some on 35mm slides)…I keep them around since they have some shots of their old Product Development Center in Waukegan, IL that was recently demolished.

Otherwise, I haven’t used a VHS tape in years.

Going a little off of the main topic here. Before I retired in 2011 I knew of schools that had the projectors and smart boards and DVDs and internet streaming for classroom presentations. However, many of these schools had all this technology and still relied on the IBM 4245 fire alarm system installed in the early 1950s. Bling before safety.

smart boards are something cool people want.

fire alarms are an expense people hate. i wonder how many fire alarm systems we’d see if they weren’t required by code?

to the OPs question, i’ve started to see curved monitors too, or maybe just small tv’s they’re passing off as monitors. not sure they’d work well in a dual setup though.