45%

Total votes: 11

[Isaaaakkk]
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Isik A.

Should you be allowed to text the cops?

Postby [Isaaaakkk] » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 pm

I was wondering if it seems logical to be able to text the cops. Mostly in a situation where you're hiding under your bed from a murderer and you try your best to whisper but your still loud because your heart is beating 70 times a second, and then you hear the door open in your room and you shut up, and the 911 operator goes, "ARE YOU STILL THERE? HELLO?! [insert name], ARE YOU OKAY?" And you can hear them through the phone speaker and it's LOUDER than an earthquake. And you're like "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME KILLED?"

Or if your in the back of a car, you're not gonna call because the abductor will hear....

Sure this will be prone to fake 911 texts but still.
Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?
Because the "P" is silent.

Potatoes are brown.

Don't trust an atom. They make everything up.

kcin556
YouTube Username: kcin556

Re: Should you be allowed to text the cops?

Postby kcin556 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:07 pm

The county where I live implemented 911 emergency texting at the beginning of this year. I believe it is an excellent idea, especially for use in the dreadful situations which you described.
Nick - Moderator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 Alarm Website - kcin556 on YouTube - Fire Alarm Sales

firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: firefreak57

Re: Should you be allowed to text the cops?

Postby firefreak57 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:47 am

[Isaaaakkk] wrote:I was wondering if it seems logical to be able to text the cops. Mostly in a situation where you're hiding under your bed from a murderer and you try your best to whisper but your still loud because your heart is beating 70 times a second, and then you hear the door open in your room and you shut up, and the 911 operator goes, "ARE YOU STILL THERE? HELLO?! [insert name], ARE YOU OKAY?" And you can hear them through the phone speaker and it's LOUDER than an earthquake. And you're like "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME KILLED?"

Or if your in the back of a car, you're not gonna call because the abductor will hear....

Sure this will be prone to fake 911 texts but still.

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea.
The official account of firefreak57!
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel

Return to “General Discussion”