Restrooms

Talk about anything in this section.
Housedays
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Restrooms

Postby Housedays » Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

Do you wish more public restroom doors opened outward? I do. Most restroom doors in my area, unfortunately, open inward, so you have to use your hand to open the door when you leave after you've washed your hands.

Also, I don't like restrooms having loud hand dryers.

chris+s
Fire Alarm Technician
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Restrooms

Postby chris+s » Thu May 25, 2017 10:48 pm

i've started seeing foot openers (like these http://www.stepnpull.com/) installed everywhere around here on bathroom doors that open inwards.

hopefully they're required someday.

firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Ohio

Re: Restrooms

Postby firefreak57 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Housedays wrote:Do you wish more public restroom doors opened outward? I do. Most restroom doors in my area, unfortunately, open inward, so you have to use your hand to open the door when you leave after you've washed your hands.

Also, I don't like restrooms having loud hand dryers.


I just use a paper towel to open the door if it opens inwards.
The official account of firefreak57!
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:35 am
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Contact:

Re: Restrooms

Postby Simplex 4051 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 am

I really don't care which way they open because I care more about whether or not they are clean and functional. Because God knows I saw some really HORRIBLE restrooms.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Ohio

Re: Restrooms

Postby firefreak57 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 am

Simplex 4051 wrote:I really don't care which way they open because I care more about whether or not they are clean and functional. Because God knows I saw some really HORRIBLE restrooms.


Yeah; same here. Especially in gas stations...I try to never use the bathroom there...I'll just wait until the next rest area on the highway...lol.
The official account of firefreak57!
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel

User avatar
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:35 am
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Contact:

Re: Restrooms

Postby Simplex 4051 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 pm

The gas station that is closest to my house doesn't even HAVE a restroom. I really don't have an opinion on that one way or another except to say that it probably would be bad. Especially since there is a Dunkin' Donuts in the gas station and some of their drinks don't always agree with people. :lol:
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

Housedays
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Restrooms

Postby Housedays » Wed May 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:The gas station that is closest to my house doesn't even HAVE a restroom. I really don't have an opinion on that one way or another except to say that it probably would be bad. Especially since there is a Dunkin' Donuts in the gas station and some of their drinks don't always agree with people. :lol:


Then how does the employee use the restroom? They have to have a restroom for the employee there.

User avatar
kcin556
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm
YouTube Username: kcin556
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Restrooms

Postby kcin556 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Housedays wrote:
Simplex 4051 wrote:The gas station that is closest to my house doesn't even HAVE a restroom. I really don't have an opinion on that one way or another except to say that it probably would be bad. Especially since there is a Dunkin' Donuts in the gas station and some of their drinks don't always agree with people. :lol:


Then how does the employee use the restroom? They have to have a restroom for the employee there.


If there is a Dunkin' Donuts (which qualifies as a food service establishment), then in most states the facility should be required by law to provide at least an employee restroom. Here's an excerpt from my state's laws, Section 890.810 of the Illinois Plumbing Code:

All food service establishments that sell or serve food or beverages to be consumed on the premises (regardless of their gross area) shall provide readily accessible restroom facilities for the public. If public restrooms are not provided within the premises of the food service establishment, they shall be located within the same building, on the same floor/level and within 100 feet of an entrance to the food service establishment, and they shall be available for public use at all times that the food service establishment is open. Exception: Food service establishments with no more than 10 combined employees and seats (for patrons) at any one time need not provide public restrooms, provided that the employee restrooms are accessible and made available to the public.
Nick - Moderator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 Alarm Website - kcin556 on YouTube - Fire Alarm Sales

User avatar
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:35 am
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Contact:

Re: Restrooms

Postby Simplex 4051 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 am

Oh there IS an employee restroom, but its not accessible for the customers.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.

jimmyscotts
New Participant
New Participant
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am
YouTube Username: jimmyscotts
Location: Upper Coomera, Queensland, Australia
Contact:

Re: Restrooms

Postby jimmyscotts » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:04 am

I wish that all public restrooms in our place are clean.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest