Restrooms

Do you wish more public restroom doors opened outward? I do. Most restroom doors in my area, unfortunately, open inward, so you have to use your hand to open the door when you leave after you’ve washed your hands.

Also, I don’t like restrooms having loud hand dryers.

i’ve started seeing foot openers (like these http://www.stepnpull.com/) installed everywhere around here on bathroom doors that open inwards.

hopefully they’re required someday.

I just use a paper towel to open the door if it opens inwards.

I really don’t care which way they open because I care more about whether or not they are clean and functional. Because God knows I saw some really HORRIBLE restrooms.

Yeah; same here. Especially in gas stations…I try to never use the bathroom there…I’ll just wait until the next rest area on the highway…lol.

The gas station that is closest to my house doesn’t even HAVE a restroom. I really don’t have an opinion on that one way or another except to say that it probably would be bad. Especially since there is a Dunkin’ Donuts in the gas station and some of their drinks don’t always agree with people. :lol:

Then how does the employee use the restroom? They have to have a restroom for the employee there.

If there is a Dunkin’ Donuts (which qualifies as a food service establishment), then in most states the facility should be required by law to provide at least an employee restroom. Here’s an excerpt from my state’s laws, Section 890.810 of the Illinois Plumbing Code:

[quote] All food service establishments that sell or serve food or beverages to be consumed on the premises (regardless of their gross area) shall provide readily accessible restroom facilities for the public. If public restrooms are not provided within the premises of the food service establishment, they shall be located within the same building, on the same floor/level and within 100 feet of an entrance to the food service establishment, and they shall be available for public use at all times that the food service establishment is open. Exception: Food service establishments with no more than 10 combined employees and seats (for patrons) at any one time need not provide public restrooms, provided that the employee restrooms are accessible and made available to the public. [/quote]

Oh there IS an employee restroom, but its not accessible for the customers.

I wish that all public restrooms in our place are clean.