POLL: and Is being Gay a choice?

What are you?

• LGBT member
  • Straight
  • I have no idea
0 voters

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a question…

I have no problem telling everyone on here that I’m gay because I believe that this generation is very accepting. I’ve had many conflicts with my parents over stuff convidereing my sexuality (not gonna go into detail) and every single time they keep asking “why did you choose this” or stuff like that. Do you all think that liking someone of the same gender is a “choice?” I don’t understand why some people think this, but it is a major issue in today’s society.

Of course, I don’t want any conflict here, and if you do not feel comfortable talking about it than don’t reply, but I really need insight on this especially if their are any LGBT members on here.

Thanks,

Isaac

The Fire Panel Forums is, and will always remain an LGBTQA-safe community.

This is a very shaky topic that could potentially stir up some hurt feelings.
Just a friendly reminder this topic will be locked if it turns into a fire storm.

It’s not a choice, it’s hormonal, you don’t just choose to be gay or choose to be straight. Whatever you are depends on what your body’s hormones are.

As for me, I have adopted an “I dont care what you are as long as you don’t attempt to do anything I would not like” opinion. Basically, i dont care what somebody is, but as long as they don’t piss me off, offend me, be mean, or be dirty (without my consent) or act like they’re attracted to me (and i am not to them) then I am perfectly fine. I have many gay, lesbian, trans, nonbinary friends and they’re just people in the end (except for the one who does not even identify as a human but that’s another topic).

As for myself, I really have not figured out exactly what I am. It’s very complicated and confusing how my feelings are, but I’ll figure it out eventually. Someday.

Nah, if it was a choice I’d totally choose to be gay (I think most guys would). Guys are way easier to deal with than chicks, no games or BS.

As it is, as crazy as they are, I just can’t quit women.

Haha that is literally the best thing I’ve heard all day!
But yeah I see what you mean. You didn’t choose to be straight, it’s just how you feel and always felt.

Though I am a religious person (a practicing Catholic), I do not discriminate, pass judgment on, or treat differently any member of the LGBT community. My libertarian side says to leave people alone and let them live their lives the way they see fit. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is absolutely none of my business. It has been proven through science that sexual orientation is hormonal. You don’t just wake up one day, jump out of bed and say “I’m gay.” It’s something that you discover over the years. While I have gone through my life discovering that I am attracted to women, you discovered throughout your life that you’re attracted to men.

Taekwondo grand master Jhoon Rhee once said “The universal purpose of life is to be happy”. If you are happy with yourself, your life, and the people you surround yourself with then absolutely nobody will see you as anything less than perfect. Don’t feel like you have to change yourself. Fred Rogers once said “There’s no person in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are.” Be yourself. Affirm to yourself every morning that you are happy that you are you because you choose to be happy.

You can choose to be happy. You can’t choose who you love.