NICET Certification Verifier?!

I am in the process of attempting to take the Level 1 & 2 NICET certification test for special hazard systems, mainly kitchen suppression systems. As i would imagine for all levels and fields of NICET certification, you need someone who already holds a certification in order to verify your work, and write a recommendation for you.

Does anyone know where to find one of these individuals? I have been doing this work for close to 9 years, between 2 previous employers, and now on my own. My previous employers will not verify for me as i am a liability to them, and i have signed “non-compete” clauses. The city I am in requires a level 2 Nicet certification, and Nicet will not allow me to even take the test without a verifier for my work, and my paperwork. I have been bouncing between NICET and the city and i am not getting anywhere.

Anyone with information would be greatly appreciated. Wish all well!

Do you know any other technicians who are certified? I don’t think it has to be a supervisor. You’ve been in the business for 9 years, I would think someone you worked with at some point should be able to act as your verifier.