YouTube currently down

Talk about anything in this section.
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: firefreak57

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 am

Just to let everyone know, YouTube is currently down across the US right now, including me. I can't even log in!
The official account of firefreak57! Class of 2019.
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 am

I noticed they were having issues around 10:00 PM Central Time, and then the problems were promptly resolved around 20 minutes later.
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:57 pm

kcin556 wrote:I noticed they were having issues around 10:00 PM Central Time, and then the problems were promptly resolved around 20 minutes later.
Yes, they additionally had issues this morning as well, first noticed them around 7:30 AM EDT, and it got to the point where I could log out but not log back in as well as issues with notifications, subscriptions, and video playback. But by 9:00 AM EDT the issues were solved. It seemed to affect the app more than the website though, but they both seemed to have issues.
My YouTube Channel
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Weird, I never had any issues.
Was anyone getting the "monkey error"? :mrgreen:
Remember: Fire alarms are serious and should not be ignored.
Google+ - Instagram
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

It seems like last night's issue affected YouTube's front-end, like viewing videos, channels, and commenting, while this morning's issues were focused more in the site's back-end, with stuff like the video manager, subscriptions pages, uploading, etc. being affected.

I had just uploaded the 4007ES video last night when the issues appeared. I got pretty frustrated because non-skippable ads were playing before the video, and I couldn't access the settings page to remove them (I never run that type of ad - they irritate me). I finally got through to the video manager via an alternate URL to my channel page around 10:15.
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm

kcin556 wrote:It seems like last night's issue affected YouTube's front-end, like viewing videos, channels, and commenting, while this morning's issues were focused more in the site's back-end, with stuff like the video manager, subscriptions pages, uploading, etc. being affected.

I had just uploaded the 4007ES video last night when the issues appeared. I got pretty frustrated because non-skippable ads were playing before the video, and I couldn't access the settings page to remove them (I never run that type of ad - they irritate me). I finally got through to the video manager via an alternate URL to my channel page around 10:15.
Yep. That's the reason I don't run ads, period. Because I hate them as much as a lot of viewers probably would. Skippable ones are better, but it seems like since summer started they've been using a lot of non skippable ones on channels using mometization features, and it annoys me lol.
My YouTube Channel