YouTube currently down

Just to let everyone know, YouTube is currently down across the US right now, including me. I can’t even log in!

I noticed they were having issues around 10:00 PM Central Time, and then the problems were promptly resolved around 20 minutes later.

Yes, they additionally had issues this morning as well, first noticed them around 7:30 AM EDT, and it got to the point where I could log out but not log back in as well as issues with notifications, subscriptions, and video playback. But by 9:00 AM EDT the issues were solved. It seemed to affect the app more than the website though, but they both seemed to have issues.

Weird, I never had any issues.
Was anyone getting the “monkey error”? :mrgreen:

It seems like last night’s issue affected YouTube’s front-end, like viewing videos, channels, and commenting, while this morning’s issues were focused more in the site’s back-end, with stuff like the video manager, subscriptions pages, uploading, etc. being affected.

I had just uploaded the 4007ES video last night when the issues appeared. I got pretty frustrated because non-skippable ads were playing before the video, and I couldn’t access the settings page to remove them (I never run that type of ad - they irritate me). I finally got through to the video manager via an alternate URL to my channel page around 10:15.

Yep. That’s the reason I don’t run ads, period. Because I hate them as much as a lot of viewers probably would. Skippable ones are better, but it seems like since summer started they’ve been using a lot of non skippable ones on channels using mometization features, and it annoys me lol.