I need some help here...

I feel like I have no friends and I feel so lonely…I’m already in junior year and although I know people in my classes and see them at games and stuff and that’s fun and all I’m not real sociable and I don’t have anyone at school that I can really talk to or get to know and I’d like to get to know these people because not to far away I’ll be in college on my own again…ideas? I know I don’t really post things like this but I need some help here. I went to social skills group in ninth grade but I didn’t need it…I have all the skills…I just don’t know how to ask. This has been keeping me up at night lately and making me feel bad but I can’t just dismiss these negative feelings until later…then they just come back. I know a lot of you on the board have been real supportive and friendly and that’s awesome and so supportive but I just want people that I can talk to at school and they’ll listen and actually get to invite people over which I haven’t done in years…I feel like a big part of this is technology and our generation that makes us less sociable than previous ones but I just need something that I don’t need to be staring at a screen to enjoy.

Any ideas? This just dawned on me last week and when I’m not at school I’ve been feeling like this and it’s not pleasant.

Ugh. i am also a junior and thats a HARD year. Try going to different clubs and groups etc etc and meet people there. Remember Highschoolers are crazy rude sons of b****s. You want to be smart with who you want to be friends with so you don’t start getting bullied. I know its a bit awkward, but start talking to people you normally don’t talk to. Stay away from the “popular hot guy” and “mean girl” group. When i first started middle school (its a 6-12 school) I was going through the same thing. I had ZERO friends. I just started talking to people in my grade i never talked to. Today i am one of the most popular guys in my grade. The key is to step OUT of your comfort zone.

Remember, these are only friends that will last until graduation, you’ll have to start over in college. But its good to do it now so you have those skills for later on.

Dont get hurt if people reject you, they’re STUPID. just walk away, brush it off, persue someone else.

PLEASE pm me if you need anymore help, ive got lots to say but this isnt the place.

Glad to help! (if i did)