No smoking including electronic cigarettes.

These signs have been popping up recently. Nowadays no smoking signs often say “including electronics cigarettes”.

I think this is kind of stupid in my opinion. Vaping isn’t at all as “smelly” and “dangerous” as cigarettes. Vapes are basically just flavored, nicotine induced (Sometimes) water vapor. I really dont see the the big problem in that.

Water vapor can still trip some smoke detectors, plus would you want a cloud inside your business?

Also on the general subject many places put these signs up not because of the smoke but because of the general risks associated with it and second hand smoking. ECigs/Vapes do not have enough long term research to say whether they have any major life long affects, other than nicotine addiction, which I know a few people not much older than me with these problems already.

Agreed!
https://kxan.com/2016/03/14/e-cig-forces-evacuation-at-austin-airport/

From someone who volunteers on a heritage railway, these massive plumes of vapor are less than pleasing to have in our business.

Hmmm I guess they should both be banned in certain areas… opposed to what I said earlier…I mean vaping and smoking are essentially the same thing…

I’ve worked with someone who would smoke E-cigarettes in a pretty small room with a smoke detector in it. I was always worried the alarm would go off (it didn’t fortunately), but I wasn’t really in any place to say anything.

I set off a household smoke detector a couple times as a kid because I took a very hot and steamy shower.

And a Pyrotector smoke detector near the top of the stairs in the front hallway being triggered by steam from the brand new shower in the bathroom near the top of the stairs. Thus, the FCi FC-72 panel, which was in the basement, was in alarm and the Wheelock 7002Ts were honking like trains at 77 Park St.! (Rutland, Vt. when it was a part of the Vermont Achievement Center) (Gee, that was likely 1991 as well!)