When was the longest amount of time you’ve been without power?

When was the longest time you’ve been without power and how long?

• A few minutes
  • Several hours
  • One day
  • Two days
  • Three days
  • More than 3 days (you can say how many days in a reply below)
0 voters

So last night after the bow echo supercell tore through Northern Ohio and severe damage in my region of Norteastern Ohio, we lost electricity at 6:00 PM EST last night and the electric company says that we won’t have power restored until Wednesday morning, and part of my siding on my house blew off thanks to the 90-100mph winds. So while I’m in the dark at home (typing this at school which still has power even though it’s really old) I was wondering when the longest you’ve personally been without electricity.

Two days for me. Idk the electrical company was just having issues.

For me it was in my Grandparents’s appartement, it was a general outage (the entire street was dark, the streetlights were also powered down). At first we thought that the old breaker (the building was built in the 70’s) tripped, turned out it didn’t. I recall it was during 2012 (or was it 2011) Christmas Eve.

When we got home, power was still out (the A/C unit at our house was powered down, the interior units’ “shutters” were still open) but the next day, the electrical company finally fixed the problem with the power grid.

We got ours back on, so I voted one day, although I might have been in situations where it was longer when I was little and we’d have winter storms come through. But I don’t think so.

Around a week. CT residents may recall the blizzard of October '11. A fun one that was.

The longest I can remember was during the Northeast Blackout of 2003. It must have been anywhere from two to three days before we got power back in our area.

I remember that one; I was without power for 6 days! That’s the longest I’ve been without power.

On October 29, 2011, 2 hours or approximately 2 hours, just because of 5 inches or approximately 5 inches of wet snow on deciduous tree leaves!

I thought I saw a culprit across the Black river in Springfield, Vermont, when living at 105 Main St., across from the town hall.
I thought I saw some arcing across the river, when looking from one of the living room windows, which all the living room windows face out back,
or the east-facing spare room window. The street across the river, is Mineral St.

About 12 hours for me. Woke up around 3:30 AM and noticed it was much darker than normal. Then noticed flashing lights on the front window. Someone hit a pole around the corner from me. A van was laying on its side in the street and the pole was broken. Went back to bed. When the sun came up I could see the part of the pole in the ground was at about a 30 degree angle and the crossbars holding the high voltage wires were broken. Went down the street for some breakfast. Then got the generator out so I could run the refrigerator and make coffee. Also added the computer system and TV to the generator feed. Ran on generator for 10 hours until the power came back on.

Same for me here! We didn’t get power back till around 11 or 12 that night, luckily we didn’t have to go 3 days!