Exit signs that are just signs that don't light up.

The local Academy Sports and Outdoors store has exit signs by all the exits that are nonelectrical signs. The only place I’ve seen with exit signs that aren’t electric light up signs. I would think that exit signs that light up would be required but that store doesn’t have them.

Sometimes they slap a sticker on the wall, they did that in my school (don’t bother asking for pictures) only in the classrooms #5, #6 and #7 (exceptions being in the central (administration/canteen) building where there are old SAFT exit signs which are long dead (the bulbs have burned and I’m sure the batteries have leaked, one of them was replaced with a newer exit sign).

My workplace has a few vintage exit signs that aren’t electrified at all; they’re just propped mostly on the exit doors leading into the stairwells. Interestingly enough, we have modern electrified exit signs mounted above them.

A rather new school school built near me has exit signs mounted above the exit doors that illuminate, but there are also exit signs mounted at “foot level” next to these doors. The exit signs mounted low are not illuminated, but reflective. Along with the “EXIT” lettering (and arrow if needed), there is a wheelchair legend on the lighted sign and a second sign below with the legend on it (along side the “EXIT” sign). This I believe designates a wheelchair accessible exit, but correct me if I am wrong.

I also know there are photo-luminescent (PL) exit signs out there. Does this count?

In my area some buildings by the exits in addition to the lit up exit signs above the doors they have signs posted next to the doors similar to a men’s or womens’ restroom sign that say “exit” and also have “exit” in Braille. Likely used so that blind people can find the exits.