YouTube's private messaging system is going away

Talk about anything in this section.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 am

Just thought I'd let everyone (who has a YouTube account, of course) know, YouTube is ditching the private message feature come July 9. If anyone has received many private messages from other members of the forum, that's probably why.

Here's the email notification I got from YouTube on this matter (which was sent to me on June 4):
youtube_private_messaging_ending.PNG
youtube_private_messaging_ending.PNG (22.72 KiB) Viewed 285 times
What are your thoughts on this? I'll give my thoughts on this sometime later as that I'm working on something at the moment.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am

Tbh the system was horrendously unreliable, I kept hitting send many times only for it to discard my message... Before sending it multiple times (don't say it's my connection. Because it done that randomly).

Also I'm kinda disgruntled that Google is trying to push further Youtube "Red", just like Vimeo pushing further their premium plan by... Heavily penalizing free users (Vimeo has always been garbage since they introduced their premium plan... It's all my opinion you're fully free to disagree with it, I respect yours)
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!