Questions about Polls

Got a suggestion for the site, or got some feedback? Feel free to post it right here.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: firealarmveteran15

I plan to post a poll here soon, but I have a few questions.

Is it possible to manually end polls in a topic here?

If not, would having the topic locked prevent people from voting?
Main channel | New side channel
Discord username: @firealarmveteran15#6153 (text chats only)
Retired STR-SG
Memorial
Memorial

According to the phpBB support forum a 0 days poll can be ended by editing the post that created the poll. Change the number of days to 1. This assumes the poll has run for at least 1 day. I never tried this with a poll so you could be the Guinea Pig on if it works.

What are locked topics?
Locked topics are topics where users can no longer reply and any poll it contained was automatically ended.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: firealarmveteran15

Retired STR-SG wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:28 am
According to the phpBB support forum a 0 days poll can be ended by editing the post that created the poll. Change the number of days to 1. This assumes the poll has run for at least 1 day. I never tried this with a poll so you could be the Guinea Pig on if it works.
I looked back at a poll that I myself had made back in 2017, and it doesn't look like I could edit my initial post on there.
Main channel | New side channel
Discord username: @firealarmveteran15#6153 (text chats only)
Retired STR-SG
Memorial
Memorial

As I remember before I was asked to become a moderator I think the OP could edit a post three times but only during that login session. As a moderator I can edit any post on the board anytime.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

I think now that the OP can only edit the post that starts a topic and a poll within the first 15 minutes then after that I believe the option isn't available anymore for just regular members but don't quote me on that. Someone would have to do it to see if that is the case.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
TheAlmightyZach
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Fire Alarm Tech

Retired STR-SG wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:51 am
As I remember before I was asked to become a moderator I think the OP could edit a post three times but only during that login session. As a moderator I can edit any post on the board anytime.
These are things we are re-assessing. Right now our stance has been to prevent editing and deletion of posts so that in the event something is posted that shouldn't be, mod staff are made aware of it. That's what's difficult about it. We'd love to have your input as well, you are a mod after all!
Zach - Administrator & Site Owner
Former Fire Alarm Technician for a local company in the Chicago Area, Full Time Student
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/FireAlarmTech