Questions about Polls

I plan to post a poll here soon, but I have a few questions.

Is it possible to manually end polls in a topic here?

If not, would having the topic locked prevent people from voting?

According to the phpBB support forum a 0 days poll can be ended by editing the post that created the poll. Change the number of days to 1. This assumes the poll has run for at least 1 day. I never tried this with a poll so you could be the Guinea Pig on if it works.

What are locked topics?
Locked topics are topics where users can no longer reply and any poll it contained was automatically ended.

[quote="Retired STR-SG" post_id=85982 time=1579530491 user_id=3047]

According to the phpBB support forum a 0 days poll can be ended by editing the post that created the poll. Change the number of days to 1. This assumes the poll has run for at least 1 day. I never tried this with a poll so you could be the Guinea Pig on if it works.

[/quote]

I looked back at a poll that I myself had made back in 2017, and it doesn’t look like I could edit my initial post on there.

As I remember before I was asked to become a moderator I think the OP could edit a post three times but only during that login session. As a moderator I can edit any post on the board anytime.

I think now that the OP can only edit the post that starts a topic and a poll within the first 15 minutes then after that I believe the option isn’t available anymore for just regular members but don’t quote me on that. Someone would have to do it to see if that is the case.

[quote="Retired STR-SG" post_id=86077 time=1580489464 user_id=3047]

As I remember before I was asked to become a moderator I think the OP could edit a post three times but only during that login session. As a moderator I can edit any post on the board anytime.

[/quote]

These are things we are re-assessing. Right now our stance has been to prevent editing and deletion of posts so that in the event something is posted that shouldn’t be, mod staff are made aware of it. That’s what’s difficult about it. We’d love to have your input as well, you are a mod after all!