Editing posts

Should the time last longer to edit posts?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • I don’t care
0 voters

The time frame to edit posts is too short.

Why is it too short?

What do you suggest?

What is the problem here?

All I see is a statement…

What I’m trying to say is That when I look at a different topic and then I remember something to add to my post I usually run out of time before I can edit it. So then I have to create Another reply to the topic

Same. Five minutes should be good. You don’t want to keep the window open for to long (like three hours), because then people will start replying to the topic, and if the user edits the post, then other users can become confused later on.

Exactly 5 min instead of 1 min

Agreed. Also, would there be a way to suspend the timer while a post is being edited? There have been a few times where I’ve been able to click “EDIT” and make changes, but the time runs out before I get a chance to submit.

Unfortunately, there is not way in phpBB to disable to post timer while the posting is being edited. I personally don’t see any harm in changing the edit time from 1 to 5 minutes, but ultimately, it is Andrew’s decision.

Personally I am for a shorter edit time. This is because it makes people actually read over before they hit the post button.

There have been a few times where the time ran out on me when I need to edit so it is annoying. Personally I think that we don’t need to have a time limit on how you can edit posts.

I know of a board that has policy where users cannot bump a topic for 24 hours, but any extra information they need added can be done using the edit button.

They are aloud to edit their posts for 24 hours, but they can’t bump the topic to add new information.

I once saw one forum, think it was IPB based, that allowed the most recent poster to edit their post until someone else posted.

That would be nice and I rember one time on my q&a I put not live but then I had to change the topic to live but I couldn’t do that

Is that the Game Maker Community?

I think the user should be edit their post at any time, as long as they have the last post in a topic.

I think NewAgeServerAlarm’s idea sounds a lot better then mine.

his idea sounds better then mine too