Blocking cuss words.

I have suggestion for the site to block cuss words. you can put in like the first letter and the rest of the word these * stars.

We already filter expletive words… If there’s one you think should be added, by all means PM it to me.

Can we make the filter disableable via the UCP?

A lot of people just put in random characters in the curse words, so if you disabled the filter, a lot of them would still appear filtered.

bitch piss damn

The words “piss”, “bitch” and “damn” should be censored with the cuss word censor.

One word is already censored.

I, personally, don’t mind if there is cursing, just as long as it is not used against someone, and it is not excessively used. It should only be used every now and then.

Aggreed but some one can say "Danm your funny’’ thats still using it aginst some one but not in a bad way

True dat.

I don’t see why we should censor “cuss” words. If we’re all 13 (supposedly), we should be able to handle language.

But some of us aren’t 13.

Yes that why SOME words should be censored

The reason why we have a word censor on this website is becuase we want to keep it a “Family Friendly” and a “PG” environment. Letting obscenities into our posts would in no way better our community.

That 13 and above rule is only about having an account and posting. It says nothing about just reading in the forum. It doesn’t say that you can’t read stuff in the forum if you are under 13.

Ah, yes, good point.

very good point!

I don’t care one way or another but it is up to everybody here. I can handle cuss words though I don’t swear a whole lot.

Though my two younger sisters with their mouths constantly increase our sewer bill.

I think we should have the option of turning off the filter via the UCP.

I agree:)

Unfortunately, I don’t think that is possible with phpBB. I could be wrong though.

Aw man!